New Hargreaves Hill Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start again,

Visited Hargreaves Hill Restaurant/Ale House during the week and found they had five beers on tap. Some new ones that i haven't seen before or new that they did.
They had a Pilsner and Dunkelweizen as well as there regular ones Hefe,Pale Ale and ESB.

Any one else tried any of there new ones.
The Pilsner and Dunkel were really good examples of the styles

Cheers

Any Porter? I'm still hanging onto a case of porter that I bought as soon as I heard what happened.

Do you know how long they've been back in production? Are they still in the same place? Assuming it's all new kit, how does their new stuff compare to their old stuff?

Keen to know.

jj.

He's brewing at a few different micros around the place at the moment (or at least he was a week or two ago) some at the goat, some at red hill. Simon is still doing the brewing, he is just doing it at other peoples breweries till he gets his sorted out.

He is changing locations, has sourced a new brewhouse and is working through the permits, excise etc etc issues of opening at a new location. He mentioned a timeframe - but I have forgotten. Sorry.

If you had come to the last IBD meeting you would know all this - it was a micro brewers mini forum

TB

He's brewing at a few different micros around the place at the moment (or at least he was a week or two ago) some at the goat, some at red hill. Simon is still doing the brewing, he is just doing it at other peoples breweries till he gets his sorted out.

He is changing locations, has sourced a new brewhouse and is working through the permits, excise etc etc issues of opening at a new location. He mentioned a timeframe - but I have forgotten. Sorry.

If you had come to the last IBD meeting you would know all this - it was a micro brewers mini forum

TB

When i was up there i was hoping to catch up with either Simon or His brewer Greg ( i think thats his name ), to ask more questions.

There Pilsner was really crisp and clean with a nice hop aroma, and there ESB is still a great Consistent beer, no matter where thay seem to brew.

TB

The ESB in particular, brewed at Red Hill, is tasting pretty speccy.

The ESB in particular, brewed at Red Hill, is tasting pretty speccy.

I had some of the batch that may have been brewed at mountain goat.... :icon_drool2: Makes me want to sniff out a few pints of it tonight!

:icon_offtopic: would have, but was forbidden by wife on account of 4 week old screaming baby, combined with 3yr old terror. Spewin.

jj

Since you asked Just thought that I'd jump on and give you a bit of an update. About a week after the fire, we found and
bought a 12 HL steam jacketed system. We have also leased a much larger factory in Lilydale, and we are currently installing the
system there. The slab for the brewing floor was poured yesterday, and the tanks will go onto it in about ten days and that's when the commissioning will start glycol, steam, etc. We are still aiming for a brew in July, which I think would be a pretty decent turnaround from Feb 7.
We have been brewing around the state at various locations ESB at Red Hill, Pale Ale at Mountain Goat and White Rabbit, and Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, The Bohemian, and an upcoming Foreign Extra Stout at Ballarat Uni (available in 2 weeks). Once again, a very big thank you to these fantastic breweries for helping us out. It has given us an opportunity to step back, and have a look at our beers, and try a few new things. Our brewer, Glenn (not Greg!) has been having great fun designing and brewing these new beers I am particularly proud of the dunkelweizen and the pilsener, a nice and spicy expression of the Czech style, with generous bitterness and some grassiness from being dry hopped with Saaz. This is the second batch a more refined version of the first, which was pretty wild. It is only available on draught at the bar in Yarra Glen at this stage. Our new kit also has an isobaric filler, which will allow us to produce this beer in packaged format. The stout was brewed a few weeks ago, and will come in around 6-7% ABV. If you guys wanted to organise a road trip, Glenn or I would be more than happy to show you through the new brewery as its being commissioned. Call the bar on 9730 1905, and I'll get back to you.

Since you asked Just thought that I'd jump on and give you a bit of an update. About a week after the fire, we found and
bought a 12 HL steam jacketed system. We have also leased a much larger factory in Lilydale, and we are currently installing the
system there. The slab for the brewing floor was poured yesterday, and the tanks will go onto it in about ten days and that's when the commissioning will start glycol, steam, etc. We are still aiming for a brew in July, which I think would be a pretty decent turnaround from Feb 7.
We have been brewing around the state at various locations ESB at Red Hill, Pale Ale at Mountain Goat and White Rabbit, and Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, The Bohemian, and an upcoming Foreign Extra Stout at Ballarat Uni (available in 2 weeks). Once again, a very big thank you to these fantastic breweries for helping us out. It has given us an opportunity to step back, and have a look at our beers, and try a few new things. Our brewer, Glenn (not Greg!) has been having great fun designing and brewing these new beers I am particularly proud of the dunkelweizen and the pilsener, a nice and spicy expression of the Czech style, with generous bitterness and some grassiness from being dry hopped with Saaz. This is the second batch a more refined version of the first, which was pretty wild. It is only available on draught at the bar in Yarra Glen at this stage. Our new kit also has an isobaric filler, which will allow us to produce this beer in packaged format. The stout was brewed a few weeks ago, and will come in around 6-7% ABV. If you guys wanted to organise a road trip, Glenn or I would be more than happy to show you through the new brewery as its being commissioned. Call the bar on 9730 1905, and I'll get back to you.

My apologies to Glenn for calling him the wrong name, but i for one would be keen to check out the new set up. Great to see you have been able to get your self up and running again so quickly. Wish you all the best

Cool. Thanks Simon- much appreciated. Will be in touch.

jj

Latest posts

Back