New Brews At Local Woolies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Doing the shopping today at the local little w and popped into the bottlo for a peak, holy shit whats going on,
normally nothing out of the megaswill ordinary but today,
4 pines kolsch, montieths black, white rabbit black ale.....3 beers I have not tried before....will get to 'em on Friday night.

I know its probably humdrum for most of you guys on here, but around here this is big shit....maybe Im starting to rub off on the manager :D

Doing the shopping today at the local little w and popped into the bottlo for a peak, holy shit whats going on,
normally nothing out of the megaswill ordinary but today,
4 pines kolsch, montieths black, white rabbit black ale.....3 beers I have not tried before....will get to 'em on Friday night.

I know its probably humdrum for most of you guys on here, but around here this is big shit....maybe Im starting to rub off on the manager :D

four pines kolsch is nice, this is what made me try making a kolsch.
cheers fergi

four pines kolsch is nice, this is what made me try making a kolsch.
cheers fergi

yeah Ive read plenty of good things about it on ahb, its a style ive never tried, was very hard not to rip into it before work.

I only wish we could get beer at the supermarket here. Sniff Sniff!! :(

Four Pines are pushing themselves into the market in a huge way. Ive seen the Kolsch and the pale at several pubs and indie botle shops in the last month, now Woolworths. Good on them !

Cant say I love the bottled Kolsch, its better on tap at their Manly premises.

Four Pines are pushing themselves into the market in a huge way. Ive seen the Kolsch and the pale at several pubs and indie botle shops in the last month, now Woolworths. Good on them !

Cant say I love the bottled Kolsch, its better on tap at their Manly premises.

A couple of the craft brew bars up here won't stock beer if the brewer go to Coles or Woolies. A great stand I reckon. Sort of like old radio stations playing local music..............mind you economic reality got the better of them in the end. Same will probably happen to the bars. ;)

my local wollies has started selling Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Got the shock of my life. Maybe they are starting to sell more craft beer across the board

my local wollies has started selling Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Got the shock of my life. Maybe they are starting to sell more craft beer across the board

I think they are starting to wake up that people are developing more sophisticated palettes as far as beer is concerned. Their marketing people and number crunchers would have done the figures and said yes. Just a business decision nothing to do with looking after customers. Sierra Nevada was one of the beers quoted to me from a particular bar last sat arvo as being ditched because of its move to the big boys.

A couple of the craft brew bars up here won't stock beer if the brewer go to Coles or Woolies. A great stand I reckon. Sort of like old radio stations playing local music..............mind you economic reality got the better of them in the end. Same will probably happen to the bars. ;)

God. If that was the attitude of my local "craft brew bars" i wouldn't go there anymore. That's the kind of small minded attitude that keeps industries from moving forward. The smaller, craft breweries that use big chains as a distribution method are onto something solid. High volume, supported venue sales. You can't butter your bread, without the butter.

That being said, you make more cash in kegs than bottles in a retail enviroment anyway. Further more than that i want to be able to buy full size kegs at my local, not just bottles!

I've had the white rabbit white ale on tap at Sail and anchor for lunch, went down nicely but I can't say I remember much. From memory they have built a positive pressure fermentation room to house yorkshire square fermenters in...or so I'm told.

A couple of the craft brew bars up here won't stock beer if the brewer go to Coles or Woolies.
Smells like...pretension...

I've had the white rabbit white ale on tap at Sail and anchor for lunch, went down nicely but I can't say I remember much. From memory they have built a positive pressure fermentation room to house yorkshire square fermenters in...or so I'm told.
That's what I saw.

I know you're excited but please refrain from jacking off on the staff :p

They have both white rabbits on tap at my local and I drank so much of the dark over winter. Good drop :drinks:

Same 'ere in Port Stephens had a big Surprise at the wollies bottle-lo the other day Four pines Kolsch & Pale Ale, Murrays Angry Man & Whale ales, Lord Nelson Three Sheets Both White Rabbits and Little Creatures Small Batch Big dipper DIPA Pints!! :icon_drool2:

Massive Step up from the usuals. Coles might have to set up their game too! In the end great for us locals who don't have to trek out to get our Craftie fix!

Latest posts

Back