New brewer from WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakegregory

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Blake and I live in a smallish town called Wickham which is about 1600km north of perth. We are blessed with constant air conditioning which I'm hoping will help a lot with the brewing.I have recently caught the bug from a mate who has been brewing for a while. Have just brought a kit from brew craft in WA and can't wait till it gets here so I can start brewing! Looking forward to enjoying my first batch (will be bottling my first batch) and then hopefully converting my current beer fridge to hold kegs :D .

Cheers

Welcome aboard Blake. Wickam is a long way away. Best of luck with your first brew. Plenty of great info on here for you to draw on along the way.
all the best mate

Thankyou for the welcome's.

When I am in perth next I will definitely have to pop in and check out the store OBS. Unfortunately I'm about the only person in town who doesn't have a boat haha.

My starter kit rocked up last week and is currently bubbling away with a batch of Mangrove Jacks Classic Aussie Gold Lager, will check SG tommorow (5 Days).

Welcome mate. I lived in Karratha for 8 years. Brewing in summer is fun. Beer is half sweat. Especially trying to cool your AG boil. You'll be right letting your brews ferment inside in the AC though.

I still do FIFO to Pluto, the great southern temps are more accommodating to brewing!!

There's a couple of guys that homebrew in Karratha. I'll see if i can get some names and numbers for you. Local guys you can stir up is always good.

Cheers
Matty

Latest posts

Back