New Book - Brewing Classic Styles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made my order - not bad AUD$15.60 delivered!

Couldn't resist, with the money I saved I also ordered Radical Brewing and Extreme Brewing from Amazon AUD$50.40 for both delivered :D

Cheers,
Michael :)

Does free shipping apply to all their books for memebrs, or only the current book under discussion?

Does free shipping apply to all their books for memebrs, or only the current book under discussion?
AFAIK, it only applies to pre-orders of the new Zainasheff/Palmer book. Better hurry, I think pre-orders close in about 6 hours....

Cheers,
Michael. :)

So has anyone got a copy yet?
Is it any good?
I prolly should get Designing Great Beers first shouldn't I?

I got the book a couple of days ago (cheers, Doc!) and so far it looks good. It is essentially a recipe book (award winning recipes at that) with a quick overview of the style, BJCP guidelines, a couple of paragraphs of keys to brewing the style and then a recipe.

I haven't read Designing Great Beers so I can't provide a comparison.

No probs Rukh.
The boys from the Hills Brewers Guild all seemed happy to get their mits on it on Tuesday night. (Can't beat 3 days international shipping :p )
I too have had a good flick through it and am happy with the purchase. There are a few styles I'm keen to give it a work out with.
I think Petesbrew is looking forward to doing the extract side of the recipes and he has prob finished the book by now as well (Petesbrew ??)

Beers,
Doc

No probs Rukh.
The boys from the Hills Brewers Guild all seemed happy to get their mits on it on Tuesday night. (Can't beat 3 days international shipping :p )
I too have had a good flick through it and am happy with the purchase. There are a few styles I'm keen to give it a work out with.
I think Petesbrew is looking forward to doing the extract side of the recipes and he has prob finished the book by now as well (Petesbrew ??)

Beers,
Doc
Yep, a couple of train trips of good reading, Doc!
I reckon it's a good book for amateurs. A good step by step guide to stove-top partial mashing up the back (with pics).
Looking forward to trying a lot of the recipes!
Pete

Mine just came in today, woohoo new inspiration and Sam Calagione's book as well for some summer reading

Curse amazon and curse all you devils tempting me spend more than I should!
And hurrah for a strong aussie dollar!

From which you may surmise that I ordered myself xmas prezzie.

Jamil is signing away for all you that ordered through TBN.

Beers,
Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who ordered through AHA received their copy yet? I'm still waiting... :unsure:

Cheers,
Michael.

Listening to this weeks TBN Sunday Session and it sounds like Justin is having probs with the books getting posted (if you ordered through TBN).
He posted 200 odd in one go, they did a lap of a few post offices and are being returned to him.
If you are interested the speil starts about 12mins in on this weeks Pyramid Brewing show.

Doc

My copy from the AHA arrived today. At US$13.95 with free shipping it was a screaming bargain - especially when the envelope had a US$11.95 postage sticker on it! I can't help feeling a little guilty in hindsight...

They'll just put a surcharge on crystal malt worldwide and make it back that way ;)

My copy from the AHA arrived today. At US$13.95 with free shipping it was a screaming bargain - especially when the envelope had a US$11.95 postage sticker on it! I can't help feeling a little guilty in hindsight...

I was too ashamed to look at the postage cost, and just disposed of the envelope very hastily <_<

Certainly made the reinvestment in membership seem worthwile though.

Does this book have metric units or do you have to do your own conversions?

Back