New Beers For New Micro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What beers would you and your mates or female friends like to have a a new brewery

• North German Pilsener

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Lager

• Wit beer unfiltered

• American Wheat filtered

• American Pale ale

• Kolsch

• Australian Ale

• Amber Lager

• Others

• Total voters
Hi Ray

I read this morning you'll be brewing 4 beers.

FWIW my personal choice would be Oktoberfest, Kolsch/Alt and Schwarzbier as the "something different than what the average punter would normally drink" and either a Pilsner or American or India Pale Ale as the "more familiar" brew for those without adventure.

Steve

What is a steam beer? I looked in beersmith but could not find a description.

Would it be under 'specialty beers?'

hi sluggerdog
on beersmith look under california common

cheers
big d

Ray, how you gunna keep yourself from going over 6%abv???? :D , if i remember correctly (my tastebuds surely wont forget!), that kolsch you just did was about 6.7% wasn't it??? :) .

A 6.7% Kolsch!! Bloody hell, go Ray :) Top Darts!!

Shawn.

Hi all
Well its been a good thread and I think all of us have enjoyed the suggestions and comments.
Thanks for the imput and i will keep it going for a while till I have decided on the beers.
The Brewery will be in Wollongong, thats all i can say for now and it will be some time before it all gets together, will keep you posted.
The beers will not be big beers, then again i love making them.
Cheers
Ray

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
The other style I would love to see is an English Ordinary/Special Bitter on hand pump. Something like Everards Tiger or Timothy Taylor Landlord. The Poms do an excellent job on packing heaps of flavour into these beers. And you can drink them all night long!! :chug:
[post="48522"][/post]​

I'd love to see this back home, but it would require substantial investment by the proprietor. Pubs generally do not have a cellar room, so the only option would be a small cool room to store the firkins.

I also doubt turnover would be high enough to keep the beer fresh. I could see a lot of unfortunate wastage! Cask breathers may be an option though......

Latest posts

Back