New Beer @ Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Guy

Reaction score
Freja on tap today folks. It is a wheat ale with some delicate spicing I am about till 4.30 every monday to friday som feel free to say hello if it so takes you fancy.

cheers and beers
mad Monk.

Great to hear BG.

We (the family) went to MM for a meal the other weekend and really enjoyed it - the food was great. The beer was good too - if a little pedestrian in style for my taste; can't wait for the more 'interesting' ones to come. I look forward to trying the new brew though.

Great to hear BG.

We (the family) went to MM for a meal the other weekend and really enjoyed it - the food was great. The beer was good too - if a little pedestrian in style for my taste; can't wait for the more 'interesting' ones to come. I look forward to trying the new brew though.

Brilliant!!! yeah I'm hearing the pedestrian nature can't wait to scare the little people.

Got a good write up in the STM(?) last week, nice work.Will have to check it out.

I think I might have to slip down for one right now. Will have to catch up some other time unless you're still there but on the other side of the bar..

Some oysters, bread, pizza and some wheats later I give everything a contented two thumbs up. A little more banana than the sample from the tank had and the spicing made itself noticed at surprisingly random intervals while eating and working my way through a few glasses. I hope the beer lasts long enough on tap as I think it will pull itself into even better balance over the next few weeks. I'll be back even if it's with nothing but a dozen oysters and a few frejas for company.

Other than the great sounding beer reviews im rather tempted to fire up the beast and come down from the northern hills and brave the freo yuppies and have a great feed and general all round great day.
Reckon when i finish this pool build i will get down that way for a relaxing few and chew.

Cheers
Big D

So when is the next one due? what will it be? are they all brewed on premise now? will be down to try the freja asap.

Great to hear BG.

Right on the money there.

The food at MM's is top notch!

Next cab off the blocks will be the Rauch and IPA. The test brews were ok but not intended for release as for the timings I wanted the new five out by end of Feb but due to boiler issues that will be delayed.

The bannana note surprised me but it is not unwelcomed with the spicing.

Anyhow best get back to the grind.

RM

Back