New Alco-pop Laws And Lambics.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
I've read a few posts discussing this issue but I haven't seen a definitive answer. According to a dude (the best source available) at Purvis Cellars, lambics attract the new alco-pop tax as of the first of this month. Sorry if this is old news to everyone else.

I've read a few posts discussing this issue but I haven't seen a definitive answer. According to a dude (the best source available) at Purvis Cellars, lambics attract the new alco-pop tax as of the first of this month. Sorry if this is old news to everyone else.

Didnt the alcopops tax get knocked on the head?

Not according to some dude in some shop...?

The first one got knocked but didn't the second version (based on sugar in final product) get up?

Happy to be corrected because they were already pretty expensive - someone tell Purvis if so! He implied they mightn't be getting more due to cost.

The first one got knocked but didn't the second version (based on sugar in final product) get up?

As far as I know, that was also knocked back.

For now.

But maybe I missed something?

Willie Simpson wrote about it a while back in the SMH. Apparently they were trying to get a new one up that had to do with sugar levels (which screwed over sweetened with fruit) and also had to have a certain level of bitterness. Not sure what happened in the end. This was in late may.

As far as I know, that was also knocked back.

For now.

But maybe I missed something?
Maybe the bottlo's missed something also, their prices were on halt based on the hike and haven't retreated. Woodstock (a mate drinks it, honest) kept their price down during the temp hike, but have now bumped their pricing up.

Pretty sure it has not passed,they are still trying to get it through though :angry:

Back