New Additions To My Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank said:
Dicko,

I very much like your temperture contoller. I am having problems with my fridge thermostat, and am looking for something new. Where could I get hold of something like this and at what cost would it be. Also how easy is it to wire up.
[post="50203"][/post]​

Hank,
Digital temp controllers certainly look the goods and the way to go if budget not a problem. Otherwise go the tobins ts-040 as suggested by Linz, Justin and MAH etc. Do a search on ahb for tobins and it will come up with full wiring instructions as provided by Justin.

Cheers
Roach

Hi Hank,

Roach has offered some good advice there.

I originally got the digital job to control my mash temps because the mechanical type units don't offer fine enough control, but wanted to do a lager, had a spare freezer, so just plugged it in to that.

If you want to buy a Dixell then Kirby refrigeration are the suppliers.
From talking to others these units vary in price from state to state.
They are all fairly easy to wire up but as I said before, you dont get a second chance with 240 volt so seek professional advice if you are not sure.
In your case if the t/stat is faulty, you would by pass-it and use the Dixell or Carel or similar in its place.

If you read Wortgames posts and info, the 2 stage model is what you will need to achieve total "hands free" control of your fermentation fridge.

Hi Wortgames,
Thanks for the heads up and I will compare prices of the Dixell 2 stage unit as to the Carel and use the one I have now, on the mash as originally planned.

Cheers

Will do Wortgames,

Could be a little while tho' due to a couple of other projects on the go!!

Cheers

Back