My new toy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already put a bid on one on eBay. Seems the steel bowls are a bit less common. Now to find the mincer. Which incidentally was the password for computer belonging to the flaming guy I used to work with at the rent Tribunal. He said, "Mincer, you know, like something that minces meat," and then raised his eyebrows. I decided to play dumb.

Mardoo said:
Already put a bid on one on eBay. Seems the steel bowls are a bit less common. Now to find the mincer. Which incidentally was the password for computer belonging to the flaming guy I used to work with at the rent Tribunal. He said, "Mincer, you know, like something that minces meat," and then raised his eyebrows. I decided to play dumb.
I was going to buy this just to piss Stu off.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bankstown/small-appliances/new-in-box-kenwood-chef-mixer-mincer-attachment-for-700-series/1140508230

Compatibility[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]
The auxiliary outlets are standard for all A700 machines, and were then updated for the A901. Some attachments for the A701 look very similar to those for the A901 but have a different fitting: they are not compatible and cannot be adapted. Older attachments for the A701 that may be found second-hand say on the box that they are for "All Chef and Major Models", true at the time but no longer so.
There are three designs of shaft fitting into the orbital hub [1]:
  • Cross-cut slot at top (very old machines only). A700, A700D. A701.
  • Bayonet with circular spring ("circlip beater"). A701A, A901A/E/P, KM200/300 series.
  • Bayonet without circular spring (recent machines). KM0** series.
Early A706 Major models had another fitting, whereby the tool slid into a groove on the socket on the planet hub, after which a metal sleeve would drop down over the socket ensuring the beater stayed in place.
A further complication is that, due to its extra height, any accessory fitted to the orbital hub of the Major must be longer than its Chef counterpart, so Major and Chef attachments for this hub are incompatible. This includes beaters, which need to reach to the bottom of the bowl, potato peeler, ice cream maker and others.

We have one we bought back in the late 70's, also all the attachments. We haven't used it for 15-20 years.

24283037335_812d51a330_b.jpg

Whilst the Capri is nice, a nice RX3 would have been more appropriate..........being an egg beater n all

bradsbrew said:
Whilst the Capri is nice, a nice RX3 would have been more appropriate..........being an egg beater n all
Typical. Shoulda known some Wankel would chime in...

Latest posts

Back