My New Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tdh said:
But Stu, you are our shining wit ;)

tdh
damn your spoonerisms Thomas - I am nobody's whining shit!!

Our latest-
the Santa Puta (ask an Italian what it means. Or a Mexican).
The "mild or hot-take a look" refers to the fact that the hot ones have a whole chilli floating in them, and the mild don't.

sputa.jpg

And the Too Drunk To Shop- longnecks of beer & cider being given away for Christmas to a few lucky/favourite customers of Tracey's shop, which is downstairs from the Backlane Brewery.

2drunk.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAAAHA! "Carefully strained through a bishops undergarments"

So THAT'S the secret to a good trappist ale. Man, that cracked me up. Nice one, pr1me.

Some of these labels are brilliant guys!!

Great effort :)

Infact, a lot of them are better than the crap pictures on pump clips over here.

Some of my favourite labels are from Boelens. So simple, yet they look brilliant. http://www.proximedia.com/web/boelens.html

This years kerstbier had a new label, the hand drawn girl in the Bierken label wearing a skimpy santa outfit with a red hat. Really well done.

Cantillon labels are pretty cool too, however not quite as simple. http://www.cantillon.be

edit:

Fantome labels are good too: http://www.fantome.be/

OK Doc.

I see your flatulence label, and raise you a big shit (my Christmas Case beer).

Front label is the standard brewery style.

big_shit_porter_front_copy.jpg

That's just scrumptious, Lurker. Sounds like the 'Cheech & Chong Labrador Spliff' of the beer world.

:lol:

Here's the label for "Coke Fiend", the infamous cola beer. Pic taken from the cover of a cheesy 50s paperback called "I Was A Dope Fiend".
Note there is no actual use of any registered trademark. And if any large American soft drink company should uptight and sue, well, we haven't got any money anyway. :rolleyes:

coke.jpg

And the Dragon's Curse pilsener. Sometimes you can have almost as many hassles doing a K&A brew as an AG.

dragon.jpg

Are we the only people still labelling?

New ones for Su-Pear-Eme Gravy- spicy.

And of course Passionate Sarcasm- that's old Oscar Wilde, after sucking on a passionfruit. Or something. :D

SPG.JPG

PS.JPG

Hey Backlane, excellent labels.

Your one with Oscar Wilde would be a good label for the thread about the World's first Gay Wine. :p

Warren -

Yeah we went with him because Tracey & I are sure he came up with that line about "sarcasm being the lowest form of wit". The yellow mouth was done pixel by pixel by me yesterday- obviously I don't have a life.

They are both damn good drinking, BTW.

very impressive labels guys.
so what software are you using.or other stuff

cheers
big d

We use a cheap version of Adobe Photoshop. We came up with a standard format, just a matter of finding/fixing the pic, then adding color, text & brewing info. Works like a charm as long as no-one disagrees on fonts, etc.

They make a good display, we keep a labelled bottle of each brew on the mantlepiece, though it's getting a bit crowded up there now!

thanks blb
will keep an eye out for it.

:beer:
big d

Aw heck!

I'll throw my hat in. Here's one I did a while ago. :blink:

Warren -

Back