My New Blown Natural Gas Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absinthe

Reaction score

just finished the burner head.. needs some finishing off and a stand made.. but she will bring 10ltrs of water to a boil in 10mins from 15C (6.765 kW) i should get better than that now i have made a few more outlets in the manifold and its not licking the outside of the keggle as much (hoping for 8+kW and how much was round the sides at full ball i think i could do that)

Last edited by a moderator:

just finished the burner head.. needs some finishing off and a stand made.. but she will bring 10ltrs of water to a boil in 10mins from 15C (6.765 kW) i should get better than that now i have made a few more outlets in the manifold and its not licking the outside of the keggle as much (hoping for 8+kW and how much was round the sides at full ball i think i could do that)

Absolutely awesome bloke !!!
Are you missing any hair on your arms :lol: .
Cheers
Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, and most people worry about the noise of the NASA. :lol:

I'd be working hard to deaden the noise from the vacuum cleaner motor or relocate it somewhere and extend the hose so that the boil time was something pleasant rather than a headache. I couldn't deal with that so the 4 ring burner in the background would come back into service.

Creative work and seems to go ok. I'm sure the gas plumbers out there would have a heart attack seeing electrical tape, garden hose etc.

Cheers, Justin

Ha ha, and most people worry about the noise of the NASA. :lol:

I'd be working hard to deaden the noise from the vacuum cleaner motor or relocate it somewhere and extend the hose so that the boil time was something pleasant rather than a headache. I couldn't deal with that so the 4 ring burner in the background would come back into service.

Creative work and seems to go ok. I'm sure the gas plumbers out there would have a heart attack seeing electrical tape, garden hose etc.

Cheers, Justin

no more garden hose.. that went out with the prototype.. i have rated braded gas lines now (as shown in the vid) i think i will add a filter to the motor as it did drop the nosie quite abit with a thin one i made but i might go for a thicker one (although that brings the speed of the motor up and the noise)

most of the noise is the flame its self, and the 4 ring burner needs a small fan blowing on it to run cleanly on natural gas (modded jets but need to drill the burner holes out bigger) and i think the mongolian burners (i think thats what they are called the ones with all the little jets) are dam loud too, and once the wort is to the boil the motor and the jet will be turned down low and it should be quite enough then

Now that looks scary fun
Where abouts did you get the idea for that?

Tom

Your other videos got me thinkoing about how I could introduce a tesla coil into my brewery........

awesome set up, but i can see brew day being a very sober effort with that much firepower. be safe!

lol that's nuts...looks dangerous too. please tell me you are an expert at doing stuff like this, or at least put up some disclaimer. I'd hate it for joe blow newbie to come along and look at this as a bargain route to owning a decent burner, then blowing his house up.

nice one B)

get on down to BOC and get yourself a striker to light it with though

cheers
Yard

im going to install a pezo lighter.. and i got the idea from a gas forge (this burner will also be used for a forge, foundry and my still). im very carefull about how i play with dangerious things (and i do it regulary i.e. tesla coil :p) but if you dont know about gas then DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!

I now really think I have seen it all , well done but as said above please be careful.

NO-ONE ELSE TRY THIS PLEASE

I now really think I have seen it all , well done but as said above please be careful.

NO-ONE ELSE TRY THIS PLEASE

yep thats right :)

and i have her upto 7.4 kW with a dodgey fire brick base.. i think when i build my forge i will make a refactory base for the burner to live in and i should hit about 8.5 kW

you could fit a spark arrester in the pipe cause i hate you not to have a house to drink ya brew in

It's things like this that make me happy that I am aware how much of a complete a tool tard I am. If I tried something like this there'd be a huge crater appearing in Castle Hill. Hats off to you mate.

Thommo.

you could fit a spark arrester in the pipe cause i hate you not to have a house to drink ya brew in
i have spark aressters in the nossles now.. and it wont get into the gas line or anything as it is built on a venturi system so the more air i pump in the more gas it will suck from the gas line.. it never (should never) apply reverse pressure on the gas inlet

are they the same thing as flashback arrestors ?

Can I bring my brew pot over? :p

It take it with a forge you are planning to do other things than heat water like making crucibles and doing some metal smithing or glass works?

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Back