My Kegerator is leaking?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Y'all!

Just picked up my new kegerator today (Super Excited!) and the dude at my local home brew store said he did all the checks for leaks and issues but when we got it home and made a basic soda (since none of our beers are ready to keg yet) after a test pour it started to leak. If you check out the photo below you can see a droplet forming on the tap just off the tower.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this (I've already tried to tighten it but nothing changed)? Or will I have to contact the company?

20130522_183837_resized.jpg20130522_183943_LLS_resized.jpg

Cheers guys!

Got one of these?
spannerWrench.jpg

Faucet spanner

Will help get a better seal on the thread. Additionally, some white plumbers tape on the thread before putting the collar on may help.

Nope I can't say I have one of those thingys, I'm sure that's the technical word for the tool. But I'll pick up some plumbers tape from work tomorrow.

more than likely its just silghtly misaligned on the shank.
do the following.

remove the disconnect.
undo the nut.
realign the tap on the shank as there are little notches in side the tap then tighten.

You can see the thread on the tap sticking out of the nut... I'd guess the same as the two above. Disconnect soda, undo the tap and re-align and tighten.

practicalfool said:
You can see the thread on the tap sticking out of the nut... I'd guess the same as the two above. Disconnect soda, undo the tap and re-align and tighten.

just want to highlight Disconnect soda first

BambisBrewingBeer said:
Nope I can't say I have one of those thingys, I'm sure that's the technical word for the tool. But I'll pick up some plumbers tape from work tomorrow.
Don't use plumbers tape on it. It's not meant to be there.

QldKev said:
Don't use plumbers tape on it. It's not meant to be there.
Agreed, you shouldn't need it, but without a faucet spanner, it will provide both a seal, and lubrication between the two sections of metal.

Ninjedit: I don't use it. But I have a faucet spanner, and the Perlicks tend to have a better engineered seating.

if you want to bora one of the spanners let me know

Back