My Brewery Pictures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnheiderich

Reaction score
I just brewed today and I have taken a few pictures of my cheap setup.

1. 20L urn Free
2. Mash tun free / false bottom, some clear tube and 1/2 inch valve $15
3. Kettle free and 4 ring burner on special $60
4. Brew stand 2 desks cut up free

I know it is not the best but it was cheap costing under $200 for the lot. I have made about 20 all grain beers and they have all been ok to fantastic (the ok ones being my recipe mistakes). If you are keen to get into somthing different from kits and bits have a lok around and jump in its not to dear or dare I say difficult. My beer may not be in the same league as some other brewers on this web site but I enjoy making it and drinking it.

If you are on the fence bust out and have a go....

Shawn

PS: Brewing an interpretation of a English ale.

First time with a picture hope it worked ok.

P8030143.JPG

Looks Great Shawn ,

What did you use for insulation on your Mash Tun

pumpy :)

I just used the old camping mat covered in 100 mile an hour tape. It woks well with minimal loss over time. The limitation is with the outlet on the bottom there is no heating of the tun if you miss temp (external), but there is minimal drainage loss. The clear hose allows exelent vision for recirulation...

The real way Shawn....

P8030144.JPG

Well done Shawn. I love the way that you have got everything on the cheap; I can really relate to it! It's so much more satifying when you can utilise something you've got for nothing, or a real low price.
Cheers

It was sitting in a shed at my old work for a few years before I found it a new home and would still be sitting there. I guess I could photoshop it if that makes anyone feel better..

Shawn

awesome catch... i was just wondering how the HB keg ended up here!

will be there again in september *drools*

There was three of them for a Sept / Oct function. There was a large CO2 bottle (5 foot high) that was left as well but I could not use it. The party was before I arrived and the vessels were lesft for at least three years in my (work) shed before they were put back into use. The whole set up was under $200 I reckon. The only thing I would like to change is the grain mill it's one of the corona ? (POLKART) types and the crush is good (75%) but I am concerned about tannins? Not tasting it yet but in the future? Or not?

Shawn

Back