My Bargain Buy Of The Day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadjaja

Reaction score
Was wondering around the local coles and in the clearence section they have an esky...........

Firstly they have the usual 25L ones they sometimes have on sale for a current price of $47. Thats pricey as they can usually be had for around $25 or so.

I notice on the bottom shelf a huge 55L esky, ticket price.......$29! SCORE!! :party:
No more half batches of big beers where the grain bill doesn't fit into my current 26L tun and bigger batches meaning I can fill a keg and bottle half a batch at least from now on. Pretty happy with myself and the Mrs for not even skipping a beat and saying "pick that up, its a bargain!" :blink: :beerbang:

Will fill the lid with some expanda foam It think though I hope with a little more dead space I don't lose too much in the way of mash temps for normal 20L batches.

Was wondering around the local coles and in the clearence section they have an esky...........

Firstly they have the usual 25L ones they sometimes have on sale for a current price of $47. Thats pricey as they can usually be had for around $25 or so.

I notice on the bottom shelf a huge 55L esky, ticket price.......$29! SCORE!! :party:
No more half batches of big beers where the grain bill doesn't fit into my current 26L tun and bigger batches meaning I can fill a keg and bottle half a batch at least from now on. Pretty happy with myself and the Mr's for not even skipping a beat and saying "pick that up, its a bargain!" :blink: :beerbang:

Will fill the lid with some expanda foam It think though I hope with a little more dead space I don't lose too much in the way of mash temps for normal 20L batches.

NICE WORK.... Awesome Find!
:super:

Yeah if you keep your eyes peeled you can sometimes pick up bargains that the staff may have inadvertently priced as well - back in the waaaaay good old days when 486 Laptops cost $3000 I chanced on one for $600 - Kmart used to do computers, and on that Saturday they were clearing out Hitachi 386 desktops for $600. Saturday staff, at the exact moment I walked in, put out all the Hitachi laptops with $600 on them, well it's an Hitachi and they told us to seel the Hitachis for $600. You've never seen plastic whipped out so fast B)

As I was walking away from the tech counter (where you pay as opposed to the checkouts) the guy calls out "Hey"

OOps sprung. Well I nearly got away with it.

"You forgot your monitor"

Well we all know that computers have to come with monitors. One boxed SVGA monitor added to my trolley as well . :eek:
roll the trolley slowly and don't look back.

OOps sprung. Well I nearly got away with it.

"You forgot your monitor"

Nearly the same thing happened to me once. I was in an electronics store named some thing Smith or something and I bargained the sales guy down on a big Sharp TV (back in the CRT days). He asks one of the young, bepimpled lackies to go out the back and get me a boxed one. The young guy rolls it out to the counter and he says the price I'd wangled it down to to the checkout chick - she says, "Whaaaaaaaaa? You sure?" She calls the sales guy across the store on his phone and he's all like, "Yeah mate - that's the price!"

Girl says, "You got a good price..." I pay cash and leave with TV wondering if no one ever bargains them down on products.

I get home and my flatmate opens the box and says, "Hey, wicked! Flat screen!"

And I'm like, "Whaaaaaaaaaat?!" The flat screen model was twice the price.

The bepimpled lackie had gone and got the wrong box - all the "you got a great deal" talk suddenly made sense.

SCORE! :D

Back