Mush Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickel

Reaction score
I believe i'm ready too take the next step and have a go at all grain brewing. Just wondering for a mush tun a esky or a stainless, What's best? :chug: :icon_cheers:

Esky has benefit of built in insulation.
On the other hand....ss will never wear out, just replace the insulation and keep the vessel.
All depends on what you can score cheap in the first place I think :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Bud

I believe i'm ready too take the next step and have a go at all grain brewing. Just wondering for a mush tun a esky or a stainless, What's best? :chug: :icon_cheers:

I'm about to post a step by step on building an esky mash tun (complete with every mistake under the sun).

Should be up by tomorrow night. Maybe it will help? (or at least you will know what not to do).

eskies make a good beginner mash tun as theyre readily available and dont need much to convert them into a mash tun , wheres you location nickel ?
as budwiser said all depends on what you have or what you can get a hold of , also depends on what you budget might be

I've got both a couple of SS kegs and a 50 litre esky, I suppose for my 1st mash tun I better stick too what's easiest i'd say the esky if theres not too much difference in out come. thanks

you may as well use the esky, with a keg for the HLT and kettle.

you may as well use the esky, with a keg for the HLT and kettle.

+1. The esky will last a while if looked after. Sounds like you are almost there already!

Latest posts

Back