Munich Oktoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets get em with the ahb gear cause i want one for my stien

Jazman said:
lets get em with the ahb gear cause i want one for my stien
Yeah that would be cool.

Also for a minute I though I saw kook in some pictures coming out of the Munich Oktoberfest. :p

Beers,
Doc

13570560_fest10.jpg

Nipplegates galore at Munich's Beer fest

Asian News International
London, September 21

This year's Munich popular Oktoberfest beer festival has turned out to be the bawdiest ever, with some of the female participants revealing more than normal after a couple of beers and some sausages.

"It's true, the first weekend proved one of the bawdiest ever, with many an exposed nipple as well as the huge quantities of beer consumed," Germany's Express newspaper quoted a spokesman for the fest as saying.

Around one million revellers reportedly stormed the beer tents on the first weekend alone, consuming 560,000 large Bavarian beers.

Many women reportedly lifted their shirts to flash their breasts for fun and police had to intervene to keep the crowds from trampling each other.

"It was a wonderful first weekend. The atmosphere is very carefree," the report quoted organiser Gabriele Weishaeupl as saying.

Should be more of it! :chug:

Doc said:
Folks around Munich, Germany, are warming up their beer bellies in anticipation of this year's Oktoberfest, which kicks off Saturday (Sep. 18).

The 16-day celebration of beer, bratwurst and brouhahas commemorates the 1810 wedding of Bavarian prince Ludwig I, and takes place on the grounds of that five-day festival.
Ok,
If the Tattslotto comes through this weekend, I'm hiring a charter jet and going to Munich - its been too long since I was last there and I'm getting withdrawals just thinking about it.
Who wants a lift?! :D I can't drink Bavarians on my own fellas - besides there's a pretty good chance that the Oz cricket team will be there drowning their sorrows! :chug:

Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly said:
If the Tattslotto comes through this weekend, I'm hiring a charter jet and going to Munich - its been too long since I was last there and I'm getting withdrawals just thinking about it.
Who wants a lift?! :D I can't drink Bavarians on my own fellas - besides there's a pretty good chance that the Oz cricket team will be there drowning their sorrows! :chug:
I'm in. Pick me up on the way.

Beers,
Doc

Done! I'll PM you from the learjet on Sunday morning!!
TL in dreamland!!

TL,

We'll have to get a few of these tokens when we get there :p

Doc

Fraud at Munich Oktoberfest
AFP, MUNICH, GERMANY

German police said they seized some 30,000 fake tokens used for buying beer at the Oktoberfest, which could have cost the world's biggest beer festival nearly half a million dollars.

A 33-year-old man from the former Yugoslavia was arrested on suspicion of making the counterfeit tokens, which are used for buying a Mass, or liter, of beer at three of the giant tents at the fairgrounds in the southern city of Munich.

His 50-year-old alleged accomplice was released after questioning.

Police said they could not rule out that twice as many tokens, which are often given to staff as gifts by their employers, had been made.

The scam was exposed Monday when two students who had bought the fakes and tried to sell them were caught by police.

"This is my 20th Oktoberfest by I've never seen a crime of this scale," the the head of the festival, Gabriele Weishaeupl, said.

Police suspect that a professional counterfeiting operation based in the former Yugoslavia was behind the pyramid-style scheme.

The counterfeiters sold the tokens for 3.50 euros (4.2 dollars) each to middlemen, who sold them for four euros. Festival goers paid a price of five euros for them, nevertheless a discount of two euros on the usual price.

The Oktoberfest runs to October 3 and is expected to attract some six million visitors.

Doc said:
I don't know what it is but I love drinking out of steins. Especially on hot days. The problem is after the first couple you start to slow down and the beer gets warm.

I see this year in the Oktoberfest store they have Stubby holders for your Stein
Wooohooooo, had some mates who are living in the UK at the moment go to the Oktoberfest last weekend and they picked me up a couple of stein holders.

They also sent me some pictures to make me jealous.
Here is one to make you guys jealous.

Beers,
Doc

Spaten___munich.jpg

Well it worked Doc

I am jealous :(

Yeap iam jealous, those stiens look to be holding some dame fine oktoberfest, well it looks the goods anyway.

I was gunna ask who has brewed a oktoberfest this winter but i think the question is.... WHO HASN'T?

Jayse

:angry: ME :angry:
still waiting for my hops and yeast from adelaide.bugger going via the red and white post packs again.they take forever.
was going to do the octoberfest tomorrow but will have to wait a bit longer now.

not happy d

And of course coming a close second after the beer is the cute German womens (if only because they bring you food and beer!). My best mate is there at the moment, the inconsiderate *******!

GermanWomenErick.JPG

vac121.jpg

what are the pics bar? i cant get them

cheers
big d

Hmm, I could see them earlier... maybe his hosting's down or something. :)

Edit: and on cue, they reappear! :ph34r:

i'm with you big d, haven't made another releated to an oktoberfest beer, hopefull this weekend (providing the post man is on time)

and i think when its drinking time, i wonder if i can get those young ladies over to help drink it B) , purely in the intrest of drinking great beer .....

Doc said:
I don't know what it is but I love drinking out of steins. Especially on hot days. The problem is after the first couple you start to slow down and the beer gets warm.

I see this year in the Oktoberfest store they have Stubby holders for your Stein

Beers,
Doc
A mate who is currently living in London went to the Oktoberfest in Munich this year and picked me up two stein holders.
Took delivery of them today.
Very cool.
And today is a nice hot day, so will have to give one a workout tonight :p

Doc

Have posted some pics into the gallery of the unit taking pride place under my font taps.
Pity the temp has dropped with the storm coming through since I got home :(
Some more through testing will be required on the hotter days coming up :p

Doc

Latest posts

Back