Mt Tamborine (Brisbane region) Brewery review

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like I will now have to revisit at some stage .... :angry:

BYB

Back Yard Brewer said:
Well it looks like I will now have to revisit at some stage .... :angry:

BYB
Yep, piss poor planning on your part.

Went here yesterday. I had the burger, which was big and good, didn't have to have dinner I was that full from it. The beer......Had the Belgian Blonde and the IPA. The Belgian Blonde was OK, certainly no where near a Leffe Blonde in terms of anything. The IPA was the worst IPA I had ever drunk. No aroma, flavour but there was the harshest bitterness you could imagine, like an early hopped galaxy harshness x 1000. But for killing a day, it's very nice up that way, just don't expect anything from the beer.

I was going to wait until maybe June before going up there.
That should be well enough time for them to cycle out the MT and cycle in the Fortitude.

neal32 said:
Went here yesterday. I had the burger, which was big and good, didn't have to have dinner I was that full from it. The beer......Had the Belgian Blonde and the IPA. The Belgian Blonde was OK, certainly no where near a Leffe Blonde in terms of anything. The IPA was the worst IPA I had ever drunk. No aroma, flavour but there was the harshest bitterness you could imagine, like an early hopped galaxy harshness x 1000. But for killing a day, it's very nice up that way, just don't expect anything from the beer.
They do an IPA?? That's new...sure it wasn't just their Rainforest Lager?

One of the best IPAs I think I've ever had was at MT..... Many years ago though.

tricache said:
They do an IPA?? That's new...sure it wasn't just their Rainforest Lager?
Yeah it was definitely an IPA, called something like Tippy IPA? Anyway it was shithouse.

It was once an excellent beer.

Hoping Watsons return will help it get back to producing great beers as they once did.

kevo said:
It was once an excellent beer.

Hoping Watsons return will help it get back to producing great beers as they once did.
It was once a great beer, as was MT Bitter back in 2008-09.

Latest posts

Back