Mp Regulator Kicked It...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebba

Reaction score
Howdy all

Today during a brew my medium pressure adjustable reg decided to start playing up.

My brew had just got to boil, and as I do i went to the reg and started dialling it back... but no difference. Wound out to where it would usually shut off completely, but nothing.

Some fiddling and i learn that it was allowing me to adjust at the stupidly high end of it's output, but i wasn't getting any mid or low adjustability. This is a problem as to keep a boil going i don't need to have it very high at all. Ended up having to regulate my burner using the tap on the bottle!

It's only 12 months old, and I only brew ever 1-2 months. Not happy.

So, the question. Anyone else had similar? Is there anything you can do or just swallow the loss and get another? It's "only" $50, but if it's something I can shove a skewer in, dance around a tree in purple underpants chanting and then hit it with a hammer to fix...

Note: It's not one of the red ones with the big dial on it like Beerbelly and Craftbrewer sell, which you appear to be able to pull apart. It looks more like the low pressure one from beer belly, but it's a medium pressure.

If it's only 12 months old, send it back to whom you purchased it from.

Cheers Ross

Back