Mounting Drip Tray On A Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful with neo magnets. They can bite. This guy put two of them too close.

magnet%20ouch%204.jpg

magnet-finger.jpg

Jeezus

I did not need to see that while eating my lunch!

Ouch! Hopefully I can grip these by the thread and guide them to the spot keeping my fingers away!

Approx Pull Strength 22kg For $6 each, I would still grab a couple to be sure.

at that price you can't complain I have noticed that magnets do not stick to stainless as well as other types of steel. eg I had 2 fridge magnets in the shape of pint glasses on the fridge you had trouble moving them but placed on the stainless splashback near the taps they would move very easily or even fall off if the door was closed harshly

I wont actually stick them to the stainless just hang the drip tray on the threads (drip tray has holes for hanging from) and screw some nuts onto the threads to hold it in place.

Arrived today so gave it a quick test by putting some empty growlers and stein on there (just over 3.7kg) held it no worries so think it should be sweet for what I want.
trayy.jpg
trayy2.jpg

Don't use magnets with stainless steel,it's not magnetic and they won't stick.

Don't use magnets with stainless steel,it's not magnetic and they won't stick.

Its not stuck to stainless its stuck to the fridge.. the tray is hanging off the magnets thread...

I used a bar fridge to hold my drip tray up, but i brought my taps out the side of the fridge...

kegfridge1.jpg

Arrived today so gave it a quick test by putting some empty growlers and stein on there (just over 3.7kg) held it no worries so think it should be sweet for what I want

Deebo, how did you make it stick?

My magnets arrived yesterday and they wont even hold up my empty drip tray without slowly sliding down! :(

Might try build up a little square of gaff under each one.

I made a dodgy shelf kinda thingy for mine. Just got 2 small shelf brakets & a couple of bits of timber, routed out a channel for the tray. Sit just sits in the channel, the brackets are screwed into the fridge door.

I bought these magnets and they don't hold. Might as well revive this thread...

Ill play around with it a bit

I got thnose 22kg ones deebo but the tray just " peels off" under its own weight. I stuck another one under the bottom and it holds a schooner but I'm not real confident in it. One more and I think I'll be happy with it. I should have just ordered 4 straight up

Might have something to do with whatever the fridge door is made of maybe, or the ammount of paint or other stuff between the metal? Mine could hold the items pictured fine without moving at all.

Latest posts

Back