Motorized Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homekegger1

Reaction score
Just looking for someone with a motorized grain mill Sth of Perth. Preferably in the Rocky area. Have about 10kg of grain to get through and do not wish to hand crank it. The beauty of finding a new LHBS that says yes we have a mill. Bollocks...

Cheers

HK

Just looking for someone with a motorized grain mill Sth of Perth. Preferably in the Rocky area. Have about 10kg of grain to get through and do not wish to hand crank it. The beauty of finding a new LHBS that says yes we have a mill. Bollocks...

Cheers

HK

Bloke you are welcome to use mine if Bibra Lake's not too far for you :)
It's motorised but needs to be fed slowly or the power supply for the motor falls over and the bugger stalls. Easier than hand cranking though :)
10 KG in around 10 mins :)
Cheers
Doug

Done. Not overly far to travel.

PM me your address and a number and I will organise a time with you.

Cheers

HK

Bloke you are welcome to use mine if Bibra Lake's not too far for you :)
It's motorised but needs to be fed slowly or the power supply for the motor falls over and the bugger stalls. Easier than hand cranking though :)
10 KG in around 10 mins :)
Cheers
Doug

Have you tried making the feed hole smaller. I had the same issue on crushing grain for wheat beers with mine, and blocked off half the feed area. I only use a 18v cordless drill and it works a treat.

QldKev

Have you tried making the feed hole smaller. I had the same issue on crushing grain for wheat beers with mine, and blocked off half the feed area. I only use a 18v cordless drill and it works a treat.

QldKev

Thanks for the suggestion bloke,
I had another attempt at restricting the opening to the roller yesterday with excellent results.
Great to meet up with you HK :)
Cheers
Doug

Thanks for the suggestion bloke,
I had another attempt at restricting the opening to the roller yesterday with excellent results.
Great to meet up with you HK :)
Cheers
Doug

Cheers Doug,

Appreciate the assistance. Saving your IIPA till later in the week. Looking forward to trying it though.

Spoonta,

Thanks for the offer. Appreciate it. As you can see I have used Doug on this occasion.

Cheers

HK

Back