Mosaic Citra APA help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsonAd

Reaction score
G’day guys. I’m hoping to get some help with a brew I’m planning for a boys trip away in May. I just received a shipment of Mosaic and Citra that I was thinking of using for this brew. I was hoping to get a solid easy drinking APA with heaps of hop flavour and aroma. I haven’t used Mosaic before but I’ve heard great things. (also have a bunch of other hops – galaxy, nelson, simcoe, centennial, magnum). This is what I was thinking. Would welcome all and any feedback.
BIAB – 23L batch
Grains
85% Marris Otter
10% Munich
5% Crystal 20

Mash

Hops
10g Citra – 30mins
35 Mosaic – 10mins
20 Simcoe – 10mins
20 citra – 10 mins
50 mosaic – 0 mins
30 citra- 0mins

Dryhops – 5 days
45 Mosaic
30 Citra
US05 yeast

Im hoping to borrow an immersion chiller for this batch but also toyed with the idea of just cube hopping everything but the 30min addition.

Welcome your thoughts particularly on the use of mosaic.

If you have until may, you can do little wrong with Mosaic and Citra, but I'd go something like this

1/3 total IBU - 30mins
Simcoe

1/3 total IBU Mosaic – 10mins
Simcoe
citra
Mosaic

1/3 total IBU - 0 min
mosaic
citra

dry hop at 0.75g/l of all 3 when 5 points from terminal gravity,

kegging or bottling? If kegging, dont DH the FV at all and save it for a keg hop 1-2 weeks before you go away.

Cheers yob. Am bottling so might even do two dryhops, has worked well in the past for me. Just to clarify do you mean the 10min addition all 3,hops or just mosaic?

Also saw on an old post somewhere from you that you'd done a cube hop only mosaic (and perhaps ahtanum) brew. Did that work out well?

Youll want a bit of Simcoe in there to offset all the fruit from the Citra and Mosaic, so the The Simcoe will make it play well.

they were frikkin awesome, but they were a side by side for Ahtanums sake, 50g Mosaic each cube and then 100g of Ahtanum in one and 100g Amarillo in the other... (keg hopped as well, no FV or kettle additions)

...the kegs didnt last very long at all :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back