Morgans Dark Ale - Brewing Tomorrow

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosiecharm

Reaction score
Hi all,

Putting down a Morgans Australian Dark ale tomorrow - just wanted to clarify a few things and get some advice:

1) Should a use a combination dextrose/m-dextrose/light malt combo rather than a kg of dextrose?
2) I bought a heating pad and i've got an old bar fridge - my last brew (without heat pad) held fairly consistantly, but too cold. So, with the heat pad in, should this be ok? I plan on basically turning the heat pad on at night and switching it off in the morning....will that work?

Cheers

Tom

Hi all,

Putting down a Morgans Australian Dark ale tomorrow - just wanted to clarify a few things and get some advice:

1) Should a use a combination dextrose/m-dextrose/light malt combo rather than a kg of dextrose?
2) I bought a heating pad and i've got an old bar fridge - my last brew (without heat pad) held fairly consistantly, but too cold. So, with the heat pad in, should this be ok? I plan on basically turning the heat pad on at night and switching it off in the morning....will that work?

Cheers

Tom

Better to get yourself a timer and stage the warmings like about 5 times of 1 hour a day spaced equally, you want to try and minimise temp fluctuation and keeping it steady constantly is easier than trying to adjust... in my experience... these settings work for a fridge outside in Melbourne currently, you will need to monitor your own settings to get optimum.. timer :)

Better to get yourself a timer and stage the warmings like about 5 times of 1 hour a day spaced equally, you want to try and minimise temp fluctuation and keeping it steady constantly is easier than trying to adjust... in my experience... these settings work for a fridge outside in Melbourne currently, you will need to monitor your own settings to get optimum.. timer :)

Should a use a combination dextrose/m-dextrose/light malt combo rather than a kg of dextrose?

Latest posts

Back