Montser Mill Hopper Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks the goods. Thread tracked for future reference when I firstly assemble, and later motorise my mill...

reporting back on this. all is fine with my mill. seems to turn freely. so maybe a manufacturing issue?

CM2 i turned my mill upside down and there was plenty of room.

Kleiny

Some pics of my mounting hardware.
Made with bits from Bunnings - I don't have access to welding equipment, so made do with galv steel, an angle-grinder and a few bolts.
Does the job fine, though looks a bit of a botch-job!
View attachment 36165 View attachment 36166

I have one of these motors and im looking how to power it.

guys using them do you use batteries or a power supply

Andrew i know you posted a power supply but you say its 12v the motor is 24v is this right and does that work or is it doing harm to the motor?

Kleiny

I have one of these motors and im looking how to power it.

guys using them do you use batteries or a power supply

Andrew i know you posted a power supply but you say its 12v the motor is 24v is this right and does that work or is it doing harm to the motor?

Kleiny

Yep, it's 12 volt and I wanted the 12 volt supply to slow the motor speed down from the 320 rpm to around 150 rpm, no it doesn't harm the motor at all and the slower rpm gives a better crush with less shearing.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew

where did you get it?

I get them from one of my wholesalers kleiny, I'd be happy to order one in for you if you want, my buy price from memory was around $65.00 so they are not cheap.

Andrew

I get them from one of my wholesalers kleiny, I'd be happy to order one in for you if you want, my buy price from memory was around $65.00 so they are not cheap.

Andrew

Ill be up for one of them, Just ordered a motor today..

cheers
gav

Its not a monster mill mod its a marga but cheers for the motor idea.. used the spider coupler also, tested and working now just have to put some guards around mill so I dont loose all the goods :)

cheers guys!

med_gallery_9889_628_116945.jpg

med_gallery_9889_628_52708.jpg

This is a gear box I got off my dad, it is 60-1 ratio so on the drill it has no load.

This mill is going about 100rpm.

P4110028.JPG

Back