MKII magnetic pump - stainless steel head wont fit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muz

Reaction score
I've been setting up my HERMs brewery and just got the final things I needed to complete it - two MKII magnetic pumps from Kegland. The ones with the plastic head unit.

While tightening the camlock fitting onto the pump the plastic head broke. I wasn't even screwing it on very tight. Annoyed I went to the KL website to buy the stainless steel head. However, they're out of stock for at least a month. I was planning to brew this weekend so that doesn't work. So I went to the Keg-King site. They have both the pumps and the steel heads. They look identical. So I ordered them.

They arrived today but when I've gone to install them I can't get a tight seal and they have a slight leak. Are these pumps universal? Will I get a better fit if I wait for the KL ones to come back in stock? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Brian.

yes. Unfortunatley, the shipping costs were too great to make me bothered to return it.

Where do you live Brian, I have a plastic one I took off, it was cross threaded a bit but it will work if you are careful, you are welcome to it as I don't need it, just checked it, the start of the outlet thread is not full form but I can screw a fitting onto it fine.

Last edited:
@zoigl Yes there are different sizes for the heads? @Sidney Harbour-Bridge I'm in Preston, Melbourne. I might take you up on that offer. I'd like to get the steel ones that fit and work eventually but having a plastic one will get me through until KL have them back in stock... assuming I don't break it again.

Back