Mini Mash Grain Intensity

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark trevor prior

Reaction score

I have made a Brown Porter that started off being a fellow club members "I can make it better" advice on a best beer of show American Brown brew. I'm posting this as with ANAWABS, State and Aust Campionships spread over three months (for those of us here in SA) I had hoped that some of you may be able to help with a problem. The intensity of the grains added via 12hr steep and straight to fermenter was such that some very experienced brewers commented they had never experienced intensity like this before. Great! except that within 7weeks after being bottled the intensity has gone.. still a great beer. I'm on a small budget and want to compete but don't want to have to make 3 batches.. My question if I bottle the Brown Porter, lager the bottles for later show entries ( poss only 3-5weks ) will the grain's intensity hold by lagering(cold conditioning) or will it still fade? What can be done..Cheers

Back