Mini keg esky build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much beer line did you use for each of the taps?

Unless you use FC taps, you will need to run pretty low pressures as there isn't the room to fit properly balanced line.

This isn't much better than taps mounted directly to the posts in this regard, they need really low pressure too, or FC helps.

If you already have taps you can buy adapters that go between the shank and the tap that allow for flow restriction.

How much beer line did you use for each of the taps?

I can't remember but I think 3 feet? I can dispense nicely at 5 PSI, eventually I will get FC taps and shorten the lines.

Also some more flexible line would be handy too!

How do you go maintaining 5psi? I would have though the pressure would creep up as the beer warms and pushes more Co2 out of solution?

Do you need to burp the kegs often?

Hasn't really warmed up, on ice... Even if it did, it'd probably only be a short burst.

Come summer I may need to go back to the drawing board but I may have FC taps by then.

Yeah there is not a lot of room but I have mounted the gas bottle to the back of the esky.
Maybe down the track ill look at FC taps but running at 5psi should be alright for camping weekends

19366052_1493933200671365_5940758285868248008_n.jpg

Yeah there is not a lot of room but I have mounted the gas bottle to the back of the esky.
Maybe down the track ill look at FC taps but running at 5psi should be alright for camping weekends

View attachment 106478

Sensational - love that someone else has got something out of these eskies. If anyone sees them, buy buy buy!!!

Another thought - those short fat paintball tanks would probably go great in this thing, don't know what they're like value wise though...

I wouldn't be confident that duct tape is actually holding it in, either...

I wasn't able to find what you're looking for either, I ended up getting a hold of a male flare tee piece... I was looking for a 1/4 MFL to barb In my travels Tony121 was able to lend a hand and generously donated the fitting.

If I can get a hold of a similar fitting I would be interested, as it currently is work but it makes for a tight bend, a straight barb out followed by a lil hose and T barb fill give it a lil more flex.

Another thought - those short fat paintball tanks would probably go great in this thing, don't know what they're like value wise though...
http://www.paintballaustralia.com.au/Co2.htm

Pretty decent value by the looks.

Not sure how easy they are to get filled, although pretty sure you can refill them yourself (from a bigger bottle?). They have refill stations available for sale too.

Back