Mine Tastes Better

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
O.K. i just finished a SNP Torpedo and a glass of APA i made,not trying to sound like a wanker or up myself...........
but mine tasted better!!!! anyone else thought this???
cheers,happy drinking!! :beer:

Has happened on occasion with some beers and the reverse is also often true.

Bear in mind that when you brew, you may (I do) brew for your own palate/taste. For me, I like a malty APA with a good bitterness or a hoppy, rich English ale. Some commercial examples may not deliver in that regard because they are not brewed specifically for me, whereas I can add whatever I want. Therefore mine is 'better' when compared to a little creatures (for example) but I may be the only one who thinks so.

Put a commercial rochefort 10 in my hand though and I'm left completely in awe. If I can brew better than that, cover me in chocolate, flowers, money and cocaine.

I am looking forward to trying this at the next meet!

Has happened on ocassion with some beers and the reverse is also often true.

Bear in mind that when you brew, you may (I do) brew for your own palate/taste. For me, I like a malty APA with a good bitterness or a hoppy, rich English ale. Some commercial examples may not deliver in that regard because they are not brewed specifically for me, wheareas I can add whatever I want. Therefore mine is 'better' when compared to a little creatures but I may be the only one who thinks so.

Put a commercial rochefort 10 in my hand though and I'm left completely in awe.
Point well taken Manticle!!!!,there is a many that homebrewers wont even come close too i.e Pannepot
Mind you the SNP Torpedo was probably on dans loading dock in the sun for days!!!

Chefs prerogative. You'll probably also taste faults more easily in your own brew. So I say, enjoy it when you've brewed a good one. Shout it from the rooftops.

O.K. i just finished a SNP Torpedo and a glass of APA i made,not trying to sound like a wanker or up myself...........
I love it when that happens!
:beer:

So do I take it from this that you prefer APAs to IPAs? :huh:

I certainly felt that the IPA I made, meaning to resemble a hardcore IPA, was equal (at least) to SNP Torpedo IPA. :D And I agree with Manticle that brewing to our own taste enhances this aspect.

:icon_cheers:

Fresh made beer is always the best as opposed to SN torpedos shipped in a container from the states in who knows what condition.
Sounds tasty to me,like Bowser hoping to get a taste at yours in a fortnight( or less)
:icon_cheers:

Fresh made beer is always the best as opposed to SN torpedos shipped in a container from the states in who knows what condition.
According to the article in the link below...
"As is required by the brewery, the beer will be shipped to Australia using refrigerated transport".

Not sure what happens with it though once Dan's get their hands on it.
http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2011/01/sierra...ada-on-its-way/

I quite liked the Torpedo but I prefer Brewdog's Punk.

According to the article in the link below...
"As is required by the brewery, the beer will be shipped to Australia using refrigerated transport".

Not sure what happens with it though once Dan's get their hands on it.
http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2011/01/sierra...ada-on-its-way/

I quite liked the Torpedo but I prefer Brewdog's Punk.

Oh thank christ it says it is "shipped to Australia using refrigerated transport" on the internet.
Must be my tastebuds are oxidised either that or my memory.
Pretty sure this beer tastes like it should in the states.

Funny though, I have the same problem with Redoak and I could walk there in a pinch.

Back