Millet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantsglutenfreehomebrew

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get my hands on some bulk millet. 50 to 100kg bags. I malt it myself to make some different but nice beer and my local coles has stopped selling it. The next best place will only sell me 25 tonnes. I'd like to give it a bash but I don't think my liver could handle that much beer. While I'm here anyone know where I can get Belgium Candy Sugar in Melbourne or Geelong?
Thanks Guys.

cant help on the millet but grain and grape have the candi sugar.

Millet man should be able to help.

But you should be able to pick it up from pet food supply houses. Lots of birdseed mixes are mostly millet. So any of the places that do bulk feed and allow the buyer to make their own mix should have it by the sack...

There is a place near south Melbourne market I think.

Millet man should be able to help.

But you should be able to pick it up from pet food supply houses. Lots of birdseed mixes are mostly millet. So any of the places that do bulk feed and allow the buyer to make their own mix should have it by the sack...

There is a place near south Melbourne market I think.

+1

I buy bird seed for my pair of Galahs from a place that mixes seed into different formulas. Any place that does this would happily sell you a few kgs (probably about $5 a kg) and the benefit is that these places sell fresh seed - it's their gig, because the birds need the nutrients in viable seed, not old dead stuff.

You'd need it alive if you are to malt it I s'pose.

Back