• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Milk Vats For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew legend

Reaction score
Howdy all Brewsters,

I'm new to this brewing caper but i have noticed quite a bit of chat about using stainless steel milk vats. I have two stainless steel vats for sale. One is 2,200 litres the other 1,950. The vats are in great condition, located near Colac Victoria and a snip at only $295 each. Please let me know if you have any questions, need pics or any relevant info.

big bubbles, no troubles

hehehohoho........... you might get a reply or two there BL.

cheers

Browndog

wow thats a steel.

Any idea how much it would cost to freight those puppies to the hunter valley??

Would they fit on a pallet each?

Would they fit on a pallet each?

Probably not. Here's a 2200 litre milk vat:

188.jpg

Mmmm drool......Could make some damn good red wine one of those puppies.

Howdy all Brewsters,

I'm new to this brewing caper but i have noticed quite a bit of chat about using stainless steel milk vats. I have two stainless steel vats for sale. One is 2,200 litres the other 1,950. The vats are in great condition, located near Colac Victoria and a snip at only $295 each. Please let me know if you have any questions, need pics or any relevant info.

big bubbles, no troubles
Hi Brew Legend,

Have sent you a PM.

Bit small for my setup but I should be able to find a use for them at that price. ;)

Cheers, Andrew.

P.S. Trying to get in before the bulk buy starts....... :ph34r:

I need to change my pants.... :(

Welcome Brew Legend

That's a hell of nick name on this forum!

Howdy all Brewsters,

big bubbles, no troubles
please ring mick on 0447233637

Hey Brew Legend. That is cheap! You could get double the price from most wineries in the Geelong and Colac region!

Hey Brew Legend. That is cheap! You could get double the price from most wineries in the Geelong and Colac region!

Maybe so hoppy, but would you not prefer to see a brewer take advantage of these beauties rather than a wino

Maybe so hoppy, but would you not prefer to see a brewer take advantage of these beauties rather than a wino

Yeah for sure... but i dare say it'll be a wino who buys them anyway... can't see what a home brewer would use them for. And just letting you know what they're worth :)

Yeah for sure... but i dare say it'll be a wino who buys them anyway... can't see what a home brewer would use them for. And just letting you know what they're worth :)

much appreciated, i'll let you know how i get on :)

carbonator ,, you don't know milk vats do you ? they are jacketed for a refridgeration plant too be conected up , most of these older style vats ran an Amonia (spelling ) cooling system.. they have a dimpled surface , insulation ect... so yes 600kgs sounds about right..

would make a great mash tun as they have a slopeing floor and drain , some have a stirer fitted are a gland where the shaft could go.. put a temp control valve on a hot water system and pump recirculate hot water through the refridge coils too maintain mash temp..

or a fermenter with cooling system set up again..

cheers

Back