Micromatic Reg To Replace Tesuco?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hi all,
Calling all micromatic reg owners.My tesuco reg seems to work like a thermostat. E.g, it seems to drop about 5- 10 kpa before it revs back up to the preset pressure. Does the micromatic reg do this as well?
Cheers

No they don't...

Tesuco are notorious for creeping pressures.

Cheers Ross

Hi all,
Calling all micromatic reg owners.My tesuco reg seems to work like a thermostat. E.g, it seems to drop about 5- 10 kpa before it revs back up to the preset pressure. Does the micromatic reg do this as well?
Cheers

Don't waste your time and money on rubbish buy a Harris pressure gauge, these represent the industry
standard, not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

About 95 bux for one. Come up on eBay or gumtree all the time too.
Gas welding regs are great too if you know how to re-purpose them.

My damn tesuco is going to get repurposed to picnic duty

i have a dual pressure micromatic and haven't had any problems whatsoever.
never had any issues with the harris reg either until the clear plastic fell off the front of one of the gauges wihtout any help. still works fine though.
havent had beer in it have you?,
i'd get a non-return valve too if you don't have one already. cheers

I've had 4 regs in 4 years of kegging.

1. Downey - must be 20 years old and is reliable and faithful as (but has had so much beer through it it's relegated to picnics)

2. Micromatic - creeper .... i'm going out on a limb and saying it was a POS - but i probably got the lemon of the batch

3. Dorado - cheap as cheap and worked like a cheap one..

4. Keg King multigas reg... best I've had so far, bigger diaphragm than most (like a welding reg) so it's easier to adjust. 4 months in and not a single creep or issue.. good value for $60 ish.

i have a dual pressure micromatic and haven't had any problems whatsoever.
never had any issues with the harris reg either until the clear plastic fell off the front of one of the gauges wihtout any help. still works fine though.
havent had beer in it have you?,
i'd get a non-return valve too if you don't have one already. cheers

I've had one of these......don't think he was after a beer !!

2012_04_22_16.40.09.jpg

My damn tesuco is going to get repurposed to picnic duty

Just ordered a micromatic off eBay. 87.50$ delivered.

My damn tesuco gave me hell over the NY party period, creeping up from 75 to 100,

It was doing the same thing coming up to NYE as I was trying to slow carb up a keg, lots of swearing and venting ensued.

The worst was NYD, where it crept to 120 overnight and over carbed the partial kegs :(

And then it crept down to zero later in the day!

Good enough for my picnic setup I guess.

My damn tesuco gave me hell over the NY party period, creeping up from 75 to 100,

It was doing the same thing coming up to NYE as I was trying to slow carb up a keg, lots of swearing and venting ensued.

The worst was NYD, where it crept to 120 overnight and over carbed the partial kegs :(

Mate, you won't know yourself! I got that same one off ebay, to replace my Tesuco. Have had it for a week now, It shits all over the Tesuco from a great height! Everything from symply adjusting pressure........ to maintaing pressure as your pour....very happy with mine so far.

cheers

I'm using a Tesuco 3 gauge reg & it hasn't missed a beat.
I set it at 70kpa, 80kpa & it's rock solid. It never creeps or loses pressure.
My gas is on 24/7.

thinking about getting a second co2 and reg setup so I can carb backup keg/s in my cold conditioning fridge.... I will be relegating my current reg (that came with the Keg King Kegerator) for this purpose and looking to get something new.
with the "search" function currently disabled, this is the only thread I can find. So it seems to be Harris and Micromatic as the quality reg's on the market... any additional feedback, praise, hatred, recommendations and anecdotes appreciated.

The micromatic seems to be a quality piece of kit, and it's German. Nuff said ;)

From eBay, it's cheap too.

Back