Mercurio's Menu Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kids asked me tonight at tea what books I read, just showed them this thread so I'll be expecting to see Mercs Own hanging out my stocking this year. A little something to keep both me and the wife happy, the book I'm talking about. :p

I will be anxiously waiting till i find one at.......
St. Vinnies Book Sale......
Cheers .. :rolleyes:

Other than beer nuts, what non-meat food do you consider to be a decent companion for a fine ale or lager? :rolleyes:

Salad is just a decoration, nobody really eats it!

Indian. I had a very nice Channa Dosa on Saturday night. Awesome beer food. Shame I didnt have any with me. :(

cheers
Andrew.

beer marinated smoked trout etc etc

Having just harvested 40 trout out of my aquaponics system, makes this a very timely thing indeed.

will check it out.

Himzo.

So Merc... If enough of us buy a copy, any chance of a bulk signing where you can throw something dead on the barbie? since I came up with the idea, we'll have to do it here in the Hunter though...:p I'd be happy to put on a keg of something... :D
I'd make the drive south for that :super:

Indian. I had a very nice Channa Dosa on Saturday night. Awesome beer food. Shame I didnt have any with me. :(

cheers
Andrew.

I'll have to agree with that, and throw in Thai or Malaysian as well ... I've consumed my fair share of beer alongside a good feed of Indian, Thai or Malaysian. And nothing beats a curry and a beer in India :icon_drool2:

Maybe showoff a recipe at next years QLD Case swap..

Will look out for it.

Merc I assume you have some Vege food in there as well for the non meat eating crowd ?
GB

Not a lot of Vego fare I'm afraid as I am a dedicated carnivore. No meat in the desserts and you can take the smoked trout out of the scrambled eggs....the Gado Gado is good! Lots of fish recipes so if you are the kind of vego that eats fish all is well. Spoke to a guy at a book signing the other day and he said he and his wife were drooling over the book and the recipes even though they were vegatarian!!

I just went through the index and... There are about 20 or so recipes using beer, 23 recipes that are vego (inculding desserts) and then there are about another 10 or more that you could happily take the meat componant out of and still have a really good dish ie the mexican style stuffed long red peppers have turkey in them but take that out and add in mushroom and zucchini and you have a fine vego dish - same goes with the beer scrambled eggs with the smoked trout and goats cheese take the trout out no probs you could even throw in some smoked tofu if you wanted.

I like to think that the recipes are really guidelines that you can follow and you can also add, subtract, veer left or right etc whatever floats your boat!

I have started to write the beer cook book but as it takes about 18 months to do a cook book from wo to go it is a fair way off yet.

No veg recipies is a sad oversite.
Good luck on your venture.

There are over 20 recipes that are vegatarian these include mains, sides and desserts.

With a name like Swinging Beef you wouldnt be a vego anyway would ya?!

For the next Mercurio's Menu book and the beer book I will pay a little more attention to Vego options and gluten free options - live and learn! Mind you 20% of the recipes in the book are of a vego nature so that is pretty fair.

Way 2 go Merc, love the show, will definately pick the book up. Any chance you can post up, or provide a link to where you're likely to be doing a singning (if there are any more planned)?

There is a nice write-up in the Age today about Beer and food - The book gets a slight mention.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainmen...ge#contentSwap2

"Also preaching the cooking-with-beer mantra is Paul Mercurio. The actor-turned-TV-chef often uses it as an ingredient on Mercurio's Menu and is including a number of beer recipes, including beer scrambled eggs and a wheat beer chowder, in his forthcoming book."

good work Merc. been watching the show on the 2nd 7 digital channel (7- two of whatever its called.)

have to get this one.

I will post my next tour schedule later this week so if any one is in the area and wants a copy signed I will be happy to do so.

I am in Ballarat on Monday, Melbourne Tues, Brisbane wed and part of Thurdays and then back to Melb and out to Bairnsdale on Fri and I think Fountaingate on Sat. But will post where etc when I get the details.

Also in WA 8th - 10th Dec will post where and when when I know.

Yeah the write up was good although he didnt attribute the Baby goat shoulder in milk and Saison as my recipe!!! I had told him about it when I was doing an interview for the beer and chili dinner for the Taphouse!

^ no shit. Imagine if I picked up a vego cook book and had a bitch that there was no meat.

^ no shit. Imagine if I picked up a vego cook book and had a bitch that there was no meat.

dont be silly, every one knows a true meat lover would never pick up a vege cook book :p

Latest posts

Back