Mashing Mules

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I always get wort over my house slippers or soak them when cleaning out the kettle these are great I live in them they are made from a Polyurethane plastic and bought from Target or Big W while the sales on for about A$11.99 hose em down they are a wide fitting and so comfy

Easy to kick of to save dragging stick wort around the house .

Recommend you buy you wont take em off .

The originals are called 'Crocs'

mine are from target and my daughter calls em 'Mock Crocks'

You can decorate em with little badges

Jase will love the one I got a 'Jolly Roger' badge

Pumpy

Mashin_Mules_2.jpg

I always get wort over my house slippers or soak them when cleaning out the kettle these are great I live in them they are made from a Polyurethane plastic and bought from Target or Big W while the sales on for about A$11.99 hose em down they are a wide fitting and so comfy

Easy to kick of to save dragging stick wort around the house .

Recommend you buy you wont take em off .

The originals are called 'Crocs'

mine are from target and my daughter calls em 'Mock Crocks'

You can decorate em with little badges

Jase will love the one I got a 'Jolly Roger' badge

Pumpy

Hi Pumpy,

I know that no one should encourage you with a response but I have got to ask!!

Do you wear socks with those???? :lol:

Just to digress - all jokes aside.
I can remember when I was just a child going to school (not too far from where you live now) things were tough financially (just after the war) for my Mum and Dad and as you probably know, kids were hard on shoes.
So, my Mum, in her wisdom, went out and got me a pair of new (fu###ing) plastic sandals. :eek:
You know the ones with the strap and the buckle.
I think she got 'em at Colesworth which was a new store in Campbelltown in those days (circa 1958)
I had to wear these suckers to school, with socks, I might add.
Situations like this is where paper bags with eye holes were invented. :ph34r:

Today, of course, I refuse to wear a paper bag on my head, particularly when I am brewing and I would rather spill hot wort on my bare feet than to go through that humiliation again.

So Pumpy,
Throw those suckers in the bin and don't encourage those third world countries to flood our fine country with that plastic crap :D

Save the Bootmakers,

:blink: Wow brewing footware. Now its getting scary

Dicko ,

Jeese, Dicko 1958 them must have been the days, Black and white telly , No computer , mobile phones not even thought of,
but also those plastic shoes in those days were made from a cheap 'PVC' PolyVinlyChloride , These Mash Mules as I call them are a really soft spongey plastic which will make the fifties seem almost half a century ago :)

I know what you mean , I really was a bootmaker once , I made Boxing boots for Muhammed Ali ( please believe me)

no you dont wear socks with them unless you have those funky fluro ones or walking a long way ;)

Pumpy :)

Dicko ,

Jeese, Dicko 1958 them must have been the days, Black and white telly , No computer , mobile phones not even thought of,
but also those plastic shoes in those days were made from a cheap 'PVC' PolyVinlyChloride , These Mash Mules as I call them are a really soft spongey plastic which will make the fifties seem almost half a century ago
I know what you mean , I really was a bootmaker once , I made Boxing boots for Muhammed Ali ( please believe me)

no you dont wear socks with them unless you have those funky fluro ones or walking a long way

Pumpy

Hi Pumpy,
The 50's is half a century ago. :D
It was a big day when Colesworth opened their doors for the first time.
The most hi-tech toys kids had then, was a crystal set. (Or f###ing plastic sandals)

In the 80's my eldest daughter pleaded with me to buy her a pair of Nike Air Pumps ( no affiliation to you I hope, Pumpy, considering that you were once a Bootmaker).
You know the deal, peer pressure, "all the other kids have 'em Dad"
I gave in and got her a pair of these outrageously priced kids sneakers mainly because I could remember vividly, the embarrassment and personal trauma of having to wear that plastic excuse for shoes during my childhood. :ph34r:

I am only jokin' mate, you brew in what ever garb and foot apparell that appeals.

Next brew day, if it gets too hot, I might just brew in a pair of gum boots. And nothin' else.
Gotta protect the feet from hot wort. - OK, second thoughts, I might wear a plastic apron.

Oh! not plastic again!! :lol:

Cheers Pumpy :beer:

i normally wear work boots when i can but usually it's too hot and just wear the Japanese safety boots (blue rubber thongs) and dance around the boiling water and hot wort.

from most of the photos I've seen, I'm not alone here?

i normally wear work boots when i can but usually it's too hot and just wear the Japanese safety boots (blue rubber thongs) and dance around the boiling water and hot wort.

from most of the photos I've seen, I'm not alone here?

bluetooth rubber thongs :lol: :lol: now that is really hi - tech brewing footware :lol:

Cheers

I would venture that most brewers are not particularly safety conscious, especially in summer. However, that does not stop me from feeling disturbed at the eructations that continue to emerge from the depths of pumpy's psyche.

They're a bit girly, aren't they?!
No good with a pair of stubbies.
You must dress-up for brewday :-0

Forget No-Chill, concentrate on No-Spill.

Pete

Stubbies or boardies and a pair of black single pluggers here. Here in QLD around the beach or tourist spots, when someone's spotted wearing sandals with sox (usually black sox) as the saying goes "Another Victorian Tourist" :D

Have even seen em wearing em in restaurants, should just go barefoot like us QLD'ers Aay. :D

All bare foot up in the north ... I had to buy thongs to attend the swap LOL .

I woulden't be seen dead in them Pumpy :) Might attract the Wrong type of attention :ph34r:

:beer:

Dicko , Tangent , Sccrewtop ,Peter,
Bunyip.

I try to help and be positive in my own way .

I did not go for the pink or lilac ones I bough the black ones and did try to Blokey them up a bit with the Skull & crossbones .

I was only trying to show you the virtues of plastic footwear in a mashing environment .

Pumpy :unsure:

Im usually barefoot for milling / mashing but wear these when boiling. and thery are suprisingly comfortable :D

safety_boot.gif

Do u spill a lot of wort Pumpy ? :blink:

Im usually barefoot for milling / mashing but wear these when boiling. and thery are suprisingly comfortable

View attachment 10742

Do u spill a lot of wort Pumpy ?

:lol: :lol:

Stylish redbeard,

would look good with a white plastic apron. :D

All jokes aside, they would be reasonably safe unless hot wort got down inside them from the top.

Cheers

Im usually barefoot for milling / mashing but wear these when boiling. and thery are suprisingly comfortable :D

View attachment 10742

Do u spill a lot of wort Pumpy ? :blink:

Do I spill wort nah not much they are just for cleaning the kettles out tend to get a bit messy then .

I spill more of the fermented wort when I had a few Redbeard :beerbang:

Pumpy :)

So, my Mum, in her wisdom, went out and got me a pair of new (fu###ing) plastic sandals. :eek:
You know the ones with the strap and the buckle.

:lol: They were all the rage down here in the 60s Dicko. Only difference is every time mine got too small mum would cut the toes out of them. :blink:

There's no accounting for good taste. BTW Pumpy my wife begged me to wear crocs. Told her they were too gay. :p

My 11 year old daughter has a nice pink and camoflague pair if you're looking for ideas.

Warren -

:lol: They were all the rage down here in the 60s Dicko. Only difference is every time mine got too small mum would cut the toes out of them. :blink:

There's no accounting for good taste. BTW Pumpy my wife begged me to wear crocs. Told her they were too gay. :p

My 11 year old daughter has a nice pink and camoflague pair if you're looking for ideas.

Warren -

I thought I was being practical Not making a fashion statement !!!

By the way Warren where do you get the Camoflague ones from mmm!!! Desert Storm

Pumpy :unsure:

Not sure about a desert storm but you might just get a piece of 'sticky date' for dessert....

Brent

Latest posts

Back