Malthouse Tour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets just call something then..

DU99 has put forward the week of the 29 through 2nd so shall we say the Friday? (2nd November) 2:30 At the Malthouse (TBC of course)

Everyone likes a half day Fridays to take their wives to the doctor :lol:

I was hoping this was going to be on the weekend.
I may have to take a look at my ADO count to see if i can take one or half off.
Days off for me around the spring carnival are precious.

losp

Lets just call something then..

DU99 has put forward the week of the 29 through 2nd so shall we say the Friday? (2nd November) 2:30 At the Malthouse (TBC of course)
Is there somewhere semi-decent to eat/drink in Geelong after the tour? Else we'd be traveling back in/through peak-hour traffic - which is not my idea of fun.

Unless the location is really important - I'd go to the Geelong plant. Much bigger, more modern and reflective of the equipment and techniques used these days. I mean, burnley isn't prehistoric or anything, but geelong is the main game and burnley is the sideshow for BB in this region. Nice guys at Burnley mind you.

as good a week as any mate.. as is the way with these things, some dates suit some better than others and always will... these things rarely if ever suit everyone.

Personally I will make the time for it... seen a million brewery's never seen a malting house :beerbang:

going to be a fair amount of :icon_drool2:

Tentative confirmation form the Maltsters for Friday the 2nd November at 2:30pm (I said 10 people?)

Followed by a couple of beers and perhaps a some food

1: Yob (Confirmed)

I'm on leave the end of November (Awww yeah) so can slot in pretty easily with most dates.

2: Luke (Confirmed)

Sounds awesome yob, but I'm interstate then so I'ma going to have to bail.

Best of luck for a great, interesting day to all who make it :icon_cheers:

Just a Question..Geelong/Melbourne
3: DU99 (Confirmed)

Sorry mate, Taking Thistys advice Ive gone with the Geelong Plant which should have more on offer.

We have 2 drivers thus Far (Possibly 3) and will co-ordinate those sorts of things once numbers firm up. Can possibly pick you up on the way though?

Thanks for arranging the visit Yob!

4: Adolfo (Confirmed)

I dont know whats happening with work, so i cant commit as yet. Sorry yob.

4: Adolfo (Confirmed)
5: Chris (Confirmed)

Confirmed with Kevin at Barret Burstons today that we will get the tour at 2:30 Friday 2.11.12

A big thanks to BB for going out of their way to allow us through the complex... I wonder if we can get a bag or 3 of freshly malted grains :ph34r:

I will be departing St Kilda Road (Cnr Albert Road) at the latest at 1.30. for those who wish to Car Pool?

Will shoot PM's to those on the list with my Phone Number. Gotta say, Im pretty freakin excited about it actually :)

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back