Made From Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I brought it up now since you care so little...

Potential friendships ruined long distance by debates over the Carlton Draught advertising campaign?

Capital.

Visit the local footy today "Battle of the Creek" Berwick vrs Beaconsfield, ex VFL/AFL players Dean Rice and Aussie Jones coaching the red n blue corners.
It was a massive sellout, and so was the Carlton Draught. Had a couple of them myself before I switched to the black beer Jack Daniels.... and we are not all boguns out here. What sells, sells. If todays game served up JS and Coopers say, the mass would have been up in arms and the black beer would have sold out.

Horses for course`s!

edit. Berwick by 13 goals :beerbang:

How so?

Regardless, I'm sure my last post (at a minimum) has been completely misunderstood.
Ahh, but bum your like totally smart and everything you say is like way cool. Man, i'm just not in your league, no wonder i cant understand you

Bum can be a little hard to understand his wit. I dont get upset or want to instant reply like I did maybe a few moons ago, he might be better giving 2 sentence replies to clarify but I dont think he1s the bad ass I always thought he was. Some rattle, some dont.
He`s ok Sun, just like all of us.

if you met.
How so?

Regardless, you can't see how only one person here is taking this personally? Unless Yardy counts (which he might - even if he can't).

Yes one person took it personally (being told he looked like a dickhead) and yes it's a logical absurdity to preface an argument with 'I'm not being argumentative' but how important is it in the scheme of things? As important as working out why Carlton claim CD is made from beer, possibly.

Also two people could just as easily defuse the situation as keep it going.

In regards to you meeting/potential friendsips etc; all I'm saying is that brewers often meet other brewers and enjoy each other's company. One day you might go to Ipswich or Sunset might come to Melbourne. Meet for a beer and have a chat or avoid each other because internet words weren't phrased correctly?

I've had brief internet spats with several people here. In most cases I've opted for sorting it out via PM or personal meeting (depending on location). Internet shitfights are pretty tedious, at least to me.

I think it's an argument 'made from beer'.

From a brewer's perspective, the most truly horrible thing to behold is someone drinking a glass of wine (RTD, cider, scotch etc too, but mainly wine) - because even from a CUB perspective, its got to be better to see someone drinking a TED than a Chardonnay... at least there's hope that the next thing they buy will be a Carlton, or a Coopers or a Mt Goat etc etc. As long as its not a damn Sav Blanc ALL brewers win.

That's interesting - I know a winemaker (a for reals legit small scale commercial, not just some bloke in his garage,) who lurves craft beer, and even likes mega beer - his enemy? RTDs, and I'm inclined to agree, at least ideologically. Even megabrew has some flavour, it's not just a vehicle for pure drunkeness like Cruiser or Woodstock (do they still make Woodies?) or what have you.

Internet shitfights are pretty tedious, at least to me.
Then why are you trying to generate one? So many words about, as you say, nothing. It is nothing. You're attributing feelings to me that I am not experiencing. I point out that for someone who doesn't give a shit what I think of him he seems to be talking about what I think of him a bit too much and apparently I've got long-standing beef now?

I suppose I hate you now that I've pointed out you're arguing on the internet about how stupid it is to argue on the internet?

Like or dislike, I have no interest in meeting a shit-ton of people from the internet so if a bridge is burned then...I dunno what. I'll probably be okay and I'm sure sunset will be too.

I'm not trying to generate a shitfight. I'm responding to your question and aiming to elaborate on my previous point, which was fairly briefly and elusively expressed. That's a long way from a shitfight.

As for the rest - long standing beef, you hating me etc - there is nothing in any of my posts to suggest that so I'm not sure it's relevant.

It isn't relevant - which is my point.

Mountains and molehills.

"Superdry taste" sounds pretty awful to me so I have no doubts it is truth in advertising in action.

And I'm going to start making all my beer watch Bruce Lee movies.

I thought the idea of pushing RTDs and experimenting with Radlers is that basically young people just don't like the taste of beer and these alternatives are sweet. I know in my late teens / early 20s it took me a couple of years before it clicked (with a pint of Wadworth 6x ... my eyes literally filled with tears as GOD SPOKE) - prior to that I was a scrumpy drinker almost exclusively - however the trend seems to be to make beers even more dry and sharp which is precisely why people are deserting them.

Latest posts

Back