• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking to swap: stainless coils for HERMS coil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanvonbeerenstein

Reaction score
Hi all,
Bit of a specific one and a long shot, but looking for a new herms coil for my Keggle HLT, none of these coils fit my purpose for a herms cool but have been using them successfully stacked within each other in a jockey box setup that I take away camping and to the odd party.
Works awesomely as the biggest coil I think is about 50ft and I believe 8mm of sexy stainless. But to stay within the herms upgrade budget I need to offload something to take on another :( will be a regrettable part!
If anyone has a HERMs coil/Hex for a hlt (copper or stainless), shoot me a PM if you're willing to swap me for one of these awesome coils.
Located in Melbourne south eastern suburbs.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449872896.418672.jpg

CHEERS!

Will consider most offers for a coil of 6m 3/8" minimum to fit into a slightly taller and thinner keggle hopefully to fit around the inner circumference of the vessel and connected to ports through the wall of the vessel.
About a 9-10" diameter opening on the Keggle id presume.

No different from bending up an immersion chiller. Piss easy, and I'm not particularly handy. Sure you don't want to do it yourself? Masters has 6m copper coils for $37. A couple of compression fittings and, well, Bob. I usually prefer elbows, but that's me, and this guy has good prices and quality gear in OZ. Then it's just a trip to Keg King for a T and either two hose barbs or camlocks if you use those. You can get out for about $75 total and four hours all up. Guessing you already have a punch or step bit, but you could use mine if you like.

Mardoo said:
No different from bending up an immersion chiller. Piss easy, and I'm not particularly handy. Sure you don't want to do it yourself? Masters has 6m copper coils for $37. A couple of compression fittings and, well, Bob. I usually prefer elbows, but that's me, and this guy has good prices and quality gear in OZ. Then it's just a trip to Keg King for a T and either two hose barbs or camlocks if you use those. You can get out for about $75 total and four hours all up. Guessing you already have a punch or step bit, but you could use mine if you like.
Thinking about it, 6m is my minimum. Otherwise I'd almost be better using my 50ft immersion chiller as a Hex, but that's not quite bling enough for me haha
Will go the DIY method as a last resort but figured a swap to exchange this coil to someone who could use it would be good

Which guy has good fittings? Not sure if you meant to link something but it doesn't work on my end

Cheers for the pointer Mardoo and the generous offer!

You might want to have a look at Adr_0's HEX modelling thread as you think about your build. Looks like a HEX coil and housing of equal volume under 10 litres is ideal. Longer and larger seems to lead more easily to overshooting. Temps, that is.

Latest posts

Back