• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking For a Bottle Capper to Borrow/Buy (Melb.)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayColli

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if there are any homebrewers in Melbourne that'd be willing to let me borrow their capper and bottling wand for a few days once my first batch is ready to bottle? I'm only in the city for a few months and hadn't planned to brew anything but a 30L fermenter found it's way to me so I'm going to try and squeeze in a batch or two without accumulating too much gear. But I', willing to bite the bullet and buy one for myself if you no longer have any use for it.

I'm brewing a wheat beer, nothing especially exciting, but I'd be happy to return the gear with a 6-pack of the spoils. If you're keen to help out then drop me a line. I'm living in Brunswick, no car but I'm willing to brave a long journey on the tram. I'm pitching on Tuesday so I'd like to pick up the gear around the 25th if possible.

Thanks!

I have a stomper you can use mate. I have a couple spare or I can lend you. I will pm you a shop in Thornbury to pick it up from. Cant help with the wand though. Harry Potter didnt return it last time he was over. Just kidding . I have one I will leave there for you also. I will pm you the address. Drop it off tommorow.

Also happy to offer the services of my little bottler and capping machine. I'm in Kew and work in Box Hill and you're welcome to pick up from either.

I have a wand and a capper you can borrow from Ascot Vale.

You can keep your wheat beer though, yuck!

Happy to LEND a capper and wand mate, you would need to pick up and return to Heidelberg West, during BH...

No time frame stress... hardly ever use them but like to have them around.

PM me if interested.

Hi all,

Just finishing my first brew and had a great second hand starter kit with bottle capper (the lever kind) ready to buy off eBay, and whadda you know, my phone carked it when I placed my bid and I lost it. Now I've got no capper, but my brew needs bottling tomorrow (Monday 19th August)!

Saw this post, I'm currently in Sunshine and work in the CBD - anyone by chance have a capper I can borrow for a few days (will return by Wednesday), or know if Big W or KMart or something might sell one? Pref something in the inner west or CBD that I can sort out at lunch or after work..

Any help appreciated to saving my brew!

Cheers

Cellar plus, Peel st north melbourne near vic market sell super automaticas at a good price. Next to la porchetta. Grain and grape is in yarraville so not far from footscray.
You'd be welcome to borrow mine but I'm the wrong direction and mine is starting to become a pain to use. If you're stuck though - it does the job.

I'm in footscray. Msg me if you want to borrow. I'll give you some caps too if you don't have any.

lmccrone said:
You can keep your wheat beer though, yuck!
You obviously haven't had many decent ones. A well brewed wheat beer is a thing of beauty.

JD

JDW81 said:
You obviously haven't had many decent ones. A well brewed wheat beer is a thing of beauty.

JD
I obviously haven't made one at all, because they all taste foul.

Re the bottle capper, I have a spare one (pretty sure it works) that you can have if you want, I'm in Ascot Vale. Tomorrow the 20th of August I'm taking the day off and doing a brew so you can swing around during the day to pick it up if you like.

Cheers

I have a capper you can borrow in West Footscray (near Tottenham station).

lmccrone said:
I obviously haven't made one at all, because they all taste foul.
Each to their own. I don't like merlot and my tune hasn't been changed by the so called decent ones. Totally respect your position on that one.

Sounds like you have a few local offers - also happy to lend you one in West Footscray. Also, there's a capper in the bits'n'bobs for sale in a recent thread - Fr Jack spoke very highly of it's efficiency when I picked up my wort chiller.

Edit: woops, it's one of the sold items.

Back