Looking at buying this freezer to convert to Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megs8888

Reaction score
Hi all just looking at building my keezer first, does anyone have one of these?

1. Is 300ltr a good size for 6 kegs plus maybe some other items like cold fermenting vessel.

Any advice is appreciated.

Unfortunately they only have 1 picture on eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131174590345

Regards Wayne

Try white goods shops for damaged stock or ex rentals for chest freezers before you buy, you never know!.
If you score a working bargain for less than new all good.

Mine's a Haier 264L from 2nds world with 3 yr warranty for a bargain price as it was ex floor stock. Fits 6 kegs comfortably after fitting a collar. There are bargains around

As a fermenting chamber they're crap as you have to lift in and out. Sealed kegs are bad enough, I really wouldn't want to lift a fermentor full of wort/beer in and out. I guess you could siphon

Try to see one before you buy and get the internal dimensions, including the width of the hump, so you can work out what will and won't fit

Blind Dog said:
Mine's a Haier 264L from 2nds world with 3 yr warranty for a bargain price as it was ex floor stock. Fits 6 kegs comfortably after fitting a collar. There are bargains around
As a fermenting chamber they're crap as you have to lift in and out. Sealed kegs are bad enough, I really wouldn't want to lift a fermentor full of wort/beer in and out. I guess you could siphon
Try to see one before you buy and get the internal dimensions, including the width of the hump, so you can work out what will and won't fit
Yep bugger lifting a fermenter full out of a chesty,leave that in a fridge at a height where it can be siphoned .

Thanks all for,your assistance. I do have a saico dual climate wine fridge. However the top part cools to 4 degrees up to 9 and the bottom part is from 9 - 14 degrees. Will this work as a fermentor?

megs8888 said:
Thanks all for,your assistance. I do have a saico dual climate wine fridge. However the top part cools to 4 degrees up to 9 and the bottom part is from 9 - 14 degrees. Will this work as a fermentor?
Bottom part will work for lagers and that's about it.

The best fermenting fridges can be found on the cheap.
It doesn't even realreally need to be in awesome working condition.
A stc controller will leave it set at 18° for you.
Remember, it doesn't need to get cold.

H0U5ECAT said:
The best fermenting fridges can be found on the cheap.
It doesn't even realreally need to be in awesome working condition.
A stc controller will leave it set at 18° for you.
Remember, it doesn't need to get cold.
Unless you plan on using it to cold condition or lager....

JD

Was hoping to use the keezer for that if possible later on. Just use the wine fridge for ales and stouts

Latest posts

Back