Look What Just Arrived Yesterday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Ray :chug: I had a fresh bottle flown over by a mate and found it to be a great session APA but was a little disappointed compared to all the hype about SN.

From your recipe it looks like you have already been to there website which has all the ingredients and it is well known that WLP001 is the yeast. There are dozens of clone recipes around and you should be able to come pretty close.

Good Luck :beer:

Hi
I still have bottles left (8) and have dicided to post on the IBU's to do a comparison between SNPA and LCPA. Should be a good example and i will post the results here if any members are interested.
Cheers
Ray
see i will share

its a good beer the snpa i did do a taste test next to the lcpa nd the bitterness in the snpa sat a the back longer for me also was tad darker but i preferd the snpa but both beers were close to each other

Arrogant ******* :p
Beer that is Ray as a future choice to get sent over as it seems to have a large following in the USA with many clones dedicated to it.

Cheers
Big D

Jeez Ray, I got my step-mum to drag a bottle all the way back from the US in her luggage, now I find there is a whole case round the corner at your place... grrrr... I don't know if I should tell you about the 1/2 litre bottle of Utenos Baltic Porter also in my fridge...

Jeez Ray, I got my step-mum to drag a bottle all the way back from the US in her luggage, now I find there is a whole case round the corner at your place... grrrr... I don't know if I should tell you about the 1/2 litre bottle of Utenos Baltic Porter also in my fridge...
Come around and help with the comparison
ray

Nice drop, isn't it?
Gone are the days when you could bring some back in the hand luggage - I'm assuming that the US is still feral over carry-on liquids... :( Fortunately I managed to get some back (SNPA) last December... :p

I've got a clone recipe (AG) at home and I'm pretty happy with it - hops are Cascade and Amarillo - I get a reasonable result with some IMC Pale Ale malt, a touch of pale munich and a small addition of cracked wheat. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it....Yeast from what my palate and search engine tells me is their own local Chico Ale strain - check the fine print on the side of the bottle - cultured and sold by Wyeast as good ol' 1056.

Apologies if this is old news - I've been away for a while and I'm in catchup mode...

Cheers,
TL

Good to see you back, TL. That recipe would be nice to see. :super:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is available for $69.99 per 12 bottle carton (355ml) from The Beer Store (based in Melbourne).

http://www.beerstore.com.au/detail.asp?beerID=569

They have a great range of English Ales too (Including Theakston's Old Peculiar and Fuller's Vintage).

Not the cheapest, but good to know. They only opened in August I believe, and some minor detective work has led to me believe that they are associated with Ackland Cellars in St Kilda. They deliver Aus-wide.

No affiliation and all that jazz...

Cheers

Good to see you back, TL. That recipe would be nice to see. :super:

No probs - I've added the recipe to the database: TL's SNPA Clone...Let me know if you need any further into re the recipe...It's pretty basic but close to the real thing, IMHO.

Cheers,
TL

Back