Lock The Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matti

Swedes Bryggeri
Reaction score
Guys and girls and hybrids...
I am going to put a tap on my keg-fridge.
Having three kids at the age of 3,7 and 9 there are going to be some problems....\
I'll have to pad lock the fridge then lock the taps when not in use.
This way i won't have to disconnect my beer lines.
Speaking to some AHB male member they mentioned they existed but i cannot find them on out sponsor website.
Back to cricket now,, but help would be appreciated I'll keep yuo posted if i have any luck,,,,

look on ebay.
i know most people dont like the site but i have seen some tap locks for sale.
if i knew how to do a link thing i would

cheers,dan

Easy - buy an andale SS Fridge Ext with Snaplock adaptor - then but an Andale SS Floryte Tap - Taps will now snap in for use - snap out when not so that kids cant touch them - all with out you touching a beer line.

Cost is Usually around 150.00 for the pair.

PM me if you want any more details.

From what i have read, the one on eBay will only work on the tap that the seller sells.

Is there a lock that will fit the Celli taps that Ross sells?

Easy - buy an andale SS Fridge Ext with Snaplock adaptor - then but an Andale SS Floryte Tap - Taps will now snap in for use - snap out when not so that kids cant touch them - all with out you touching a beer line.

Cost is Usually around 150.00 for the pair.

PM me if you want any more details.

+1

This is what I do with my Florytes, it also forces me to give them the nightly soak Andale recommends ;)

found some here on ebay - not cheap but.....

Just educate em that they are daddy's use only - worked for me!!

wow. just got back.
Cheers guys.

Doc that lock looks like an extended pad lock.
I might be able to construct some thing my self with a bit of heat....
Then again $50.. might be able to negotiate that one...

Crozdog... I believe I failed as father tenfold already he he
otherwise I'd give it ago.

Ta again gotto to love AHB.
wow they hit a four gotto watch this before its all over cricket that is.

I have a 3yr old, two 5 year olds and a 10yr old. No problems with them fiddeling with my 4 tap setup.

Just take them down, let them pour a bit of beer for you, and show them what happens if they turn them on and leave them running. A locked device is just more incentive to get at it.

You know your kids better than I do, but sometimes you have to give them a bit of trust.

I remember my Old Dad made me smoke a whole packet of 10 Rothmans king size cigarettes when I was a lad .

he said "what do you feel like now boy"

I said "well if your shouting Dad a couple of pints of bitter would go down nicely thanks Dad "

Pumpy :blink:

make a strong chilli beer and leave it connected :icon_vomit:

Im sure they wouldn't come back for seconds

Kabooby :D

I have a 3yr old, two 5 year olds and a 10yr old. No problems with them fiddeling with my 4 tap setup.

Just take them down, let them pour a bit of beer for you, and show them what happens if they turn them on and leave them running. A locked device is just more incentive to get at it.

You know your kids better than I do, but sometimes you have to give them a bit of trust.

+1

My 9 and 5 year old would not dare.

Steve

Kids can have short memory of what not to do.
I remember when I was young getting into dads beer, but it was harder becouse it was cans or bottles.
With having kegs you wouldnt know what goes on when your not around.
I trust my 2 x young girls, but my 1 year old boy has to touch everything.
You may trust your own children but what about the sleep overs with friends coming over.
Someone needs to come up with one for a celli tap.

Someone needs to come up with one for a celli tap.

You won't need one on your celli tap,the tap will be to hard for the kids to operate anyway...all stuck up with stale old beer after one night :lol: :lol:

Batz

I had this same problem but found it easier to simply lock the garage where the taps are and not have the kid(15yr old) access to the key.

I had this same problem but found it easier to simply lock the garage where the taps are and not have the kid(15yr old) access to the key.

Hahaha... A boy after me own heart at that age. Make him empty out the tun a few times. Gotta earn yer drop. :chug:

Warren -

I intend to get some covers made up at the local leather works. Similar to a thumb guard for when you break a thumb. They will fit over the tap handles and will be able to be locked in the "off" position.

I will post some photos when I have made them up.

If not, I have a 3 YO daughter who adores the taste of beer. If left unattended, I'm confident it will only be a matter of time before I bust her Keg Sucking :icon_chickcheers:

Fess.

Trouble with my rugrats now, I've done so many home made softdrinks in my party keg, they're all experts at using the gun, I'm scared to put any beer in there.

Back