Little Creatures Selling Up?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People forget that Lion already owned 35% of Little Creatures before this happened.
the difference being that it was supposed to have been a "silent" ownership, meaning that they had little to no say on operational matters.

the guys followed there business model.

im devo to see them sell out as lcpa is my fav beer when i have no amber ale.

i do hope there next venture is in the fergy valley area :)

the difference being that it was supposed to have been a "silent" ownership, meaning that they had little to no say on operational matters.

Doesn't owning 18.7% of Fairfax entitle Gina Rhinehart to representation on the Board of Directors? (I am not sure about the threshold trigger). She'd certainly have a bit to say if she was on the BoD! The media reported that she could only own a maximum of 19.9% before she had to make a take over bid.
I guess with Lion at 36.3% of Little World Beverages, they may have been obliged to take it over, or sell off some of their shares?

Good point about the possibility it could mean more taps. That would be a great outcome. Just hope that the small batches don't disappear.

Doesn't owning 18.7% of Fairfax entitle Gina Rhinehart to representation on the Board of Directors? (I am not sure about the threshold trigger). She'd certainly have a bit to say if she was on the BoD! The media reported that she could only own a maximum of 19.9% before she had to make a take over bid.
I guess with Lion at 36.3% of Little World Beverages, they may have been obliged to take it over, or sell off some of their shares?
I have no idea. The TV tells me that she will be entitled to 2 or 3 seats.

One for each cheek and one for the feed bag.

I saw something today saying can incrementally increase their shares by 3% every 6 months without having to make a take over bid

There seems to be a lot of whining about LC being bought out and the (high) probability of Lion Nathan changing/watering down/wrecking the taste of their beers to save money.

Has anyone written to Lion Nathan urging them not to do that? If a few thousand people (there are over 20000 members of this site alone) wrote to Lion Nathan and urged - no, demanded that they not alter the beers from LC, would that make any difference? If they don't know our concerns then they will do what they want.

Here is an opportunity to prevent LC going down the poo tube. I think that's a better idea than moping about it. What have we got to lose?

First of all, I do not speak for the company, only myself.

It's saddening to see a lot of our fans make their mind up so quickly that we are now going to brew bland beers. We've been a big player in the craft brewing industry for a long time and that will not change. I just hope you give us a chance to prove those assumptions wrong.

It's saddening to see a lot of our fans make their mind up so quickly that we are now going to brew bland beers. We've been a big player in the craft brewing industry for a long time and that will not change. I just hope you give us a chance to prove those assumptions wrong.
I see how bean counters work everyday.

But good luck. It would be a crying shame if it went the way of JS.

I think people are expecting that because it's clearly happened when LN brought Malt Shovel back under their control. JSGA used to be great, now it's only marginally better than what they had in their portfolio beforehand, the character those beers had is gone.

I work in IT and see it all the time. Conglomerate buys a fantastic, well respected niche product and and exploits develops the brand, while the quality of the product underneath is never the same again. Hope that doesn't happen but I won't be surprised if it does.

Back