Lime In A Wiezen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elec

Reaction score
I spent a goodly part of last Christmas Day squeezing lime juice into a very decent weizen. This heretic act only served to combat the heat and humidity mind you. My question to the educated folk is how much and how long to include lime skins into a 20L wort ( finished volume ). Before the weizen purists condemn my planned actions, my place in the scrub is deep, deep north, and the festive season is more tropical than most on this site.

Thanks in advance

elec

Blas-fekin-phemy!!!!

On another note, why not just make it like a shandy with fresh squeezed lime juice?

I ve recently been to the old continent and had served a lemon wedge in both a Wit and a german Heffe weizen. Didnt mind either time (perhaps due to the large amount of pretty girls breezing past). Wieckse Wit rosee though, was a bit like soft drink. so, IMHO, a touch to enhance:yes. a lot to change flavour:no, might as well drink something else.

Blas-fekin-phemy!!!!

On another note, why not just make it like a shandy with fresh squeezed lime juice?

My family's from Bavaria, and it's considered regular practice to add a slice of lemon to a Weibier (usually stuck on the rim to begin with) in summer.

I'd strongly advise doing it this way, rather than trying to get a lemon or lime flavour in the brew itself.

Latest posts

Back