Leftover O-ring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logman

The most interesting man on AHB
Reaction score
I've got two Celli taps and two Intertap flow control, both which I've cleaned a million times. Soaked them overnight with some ball lock connects. I was scrubbing them with a bristle pipe cleaner and I think this O-ring must have come out of one of the Intertaps but not really sure....and can't find any place it could go. If it's from one tap you'd think I could find it in the other one but can't = totally bamboozled.

Any ideas?

20220623_145606_resized.jpg

Intertaps have an O ring where the spout screws into the tap. It looks a bit like that seal. Are any of the taps leaking since you have reassembled?

I put all 4 taps back together and no leaks. I'm 99% sure it came from the intertap, the Celli's have been disassembled 1000 times. The spout was where I kept going back to but it seems too big, it's quite a chunky o-ring (it's a 4 sided ring by the way) - I'll have another go around the spout today, like I said earlier, you would think I'd be able to see it missing from one tap only 😳

Intertaps have an O ring where the spout screws into the tap. It looks a bit like that seal.
As you can see in the picture the o-ring has warped and flattened out. I think it's so warped it won't go back into the spout. I'm guessing that the other tap spout has no o-ring because it's been lost originally at the shop because I got a stout pourer for that tap. Ordered a couple of o-ring kits, that should solve the problem. :cheers:

It’s a bit hard to tell without something for scale (I have no idea how big the brush is) but it looks like the type of seal found on commercial couplers, where the lines join on.
Those are 5/8" BSP and I have seen the cheap rubber ones get squeezed up a beer line and wind up in a tap (among some other bits and pieces).
Mark

It’s a bit hard to tell without something for scale (I have no idea how big the brush is) but it looks like the type of seal found on commercial couplers, where the lines join on.
Those are 5/8" BSP and I have seen the cheap rubber ones get squeezed up a beer line and wind up in a tap (among some other bits and pieces).
Mark
Hi Mark, it's about the size of a dollar coin, but I think it's warped to that size and should be the size of a two dollar coin. The only gear the taps have been used with is ball lock QD's and standard shanks. In the picture of the O-ring kit there is one that looks like this should I think. :cheers:

Back