Leaking 525s taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz1179

Reaction score
i have just setup a second tap and having major leakage issues. its leaking from the shank. some pictures attached. its a perlick 525 flow control with short shanks from a site sponsor, as soon as i plug in the beer line, beer pours out where it connects to the shank. awesome.

i have two taps, both bought brand new, both shanks are brand new, both exactley the same. i have unscrewed both taps from the shanks and both look identical on the inside

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

i have taken them apart and put them both back together 100 times now and its doing my head in.

anyone have any suggestions?

I remember someone previously here also had the same issues and I believe they rang the place of purchase who ended up replacing them.

Am I correct in assuming that the leak is only on the new tap? If so, what happens when you swap the taps? This should tell you if the problem is with the tap or shank.

Just tried swapping the taps. Same thing. I looks like the shank is the issue

Bugger. Was going to give it a good work over this afternoon. Oh we'll, back she goes. Cheers for the replies.

adz1179 said:
Just tried swapping the taps. Same thing. I looks like the shank is the issue
has the rubber oring in the shanks got a split or maybe dropped out?

Spiesy said:
Indeed. May be a dodgy seal in there, mate.
If they're 'o' rings like on the 575's then a trip to Pirtek or similar place will yield a suitable replacement. Take the tap with you.
Perhaps check the ends of the shanks for burrs or unevenness first?

Back