Lazy.smoker And A Beer Drinker?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Well there is no need to worry anymore.

All is well :lol:
DRINKING can be good for your heart but you have to be a lazy smoker with an aversion to fruit and vegetables to reap the full benefits.

Britain's leading researcher on the link between health and behaviour, Australian expatriate Michael Marmot, has found smokers with the worst diets and poorest exercise habits could consume as many as 14 standard drinks a week the threshold of what is considered harmful under proposed Australian guidelines and still lower their risk of having a heart attack, stroke or other form of cardiovascular disease.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/lazy-smo...80916-4i03.html

cheers
johnno

Hmmmmm,
Looks like I have to give up the fruit and veg and get on to the durries then...............

Maybe I should take up smoking, quit the gym and eat Hungry Jacks Quad stacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I don't want heart problems :)

I love this kind of research... I'm sure the "reduced risk of heart disease, etc." would be very small compared to the increased chance of other smoking and diet-related diseases, but it's good to know the old ticker will be going strong.

Perhaps there is a genetic component that makes these lazy carnivorous, smoking vegetable avoiders less prone to heart disease. Seriously, what's to say that what they consume is the cause, rather than another effect of their dubious longevity?

Britain's leading researcher on the link between health and behaviour, Australian expatriate Michael Marmot, has found smokers with the worst diets and poorest exercise habits could consume as many as 14 standard drinks a week the threshold of what is considered harmful under proposed Australian guidelines and still lower their risk of having a heart attack, stroke or other form of cardiovascular disease.

Now that right there is a good reason for spending on funded research, the outcome depends upon who pays for the research :lol:

Aww man, and I only quit smoking 9 months ago, maybe I should take it up again :ph34r: lol

Aww man, and I only quit smoking 9 months ago, maybe I should take it up again :ph34r: lol

No you shouldn't. My father in law just got word a couple of weeks ago that he has 1-6 months. He smoked, very heavily, for 55+ years. For the last 3 weeks he's been too weak to light one up. As of now, pick an organ - chances are it's full of tumours. My wife & I just finished up tidying up a couple of rooms in his house so his wife can sell it (she smokes just as much, but only for the last 50 years). The carpet that we tore out was the colour of espresso around the furnace vents. It was grey originally. Even the oak hardwood flooring underneath the carpet was actually stained, just like if you intentionally stained it with wood stain. Now I'm freaked out because my wife spent her first 20 years in that house breathing that crap. :eek: I made her promise to go to the doctor for a full examination/screening. :(

Latest posts

Back