Larger Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejed

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a Larger (Euro Larger) brweing in the fridge, yes larger yeast has been used S23 x 2 pitched at 12 deg and held at 10 deg for 4 weeks. 4 days ago, I raised the temp to 14deg to complete fermentation, now SG is 1.002 (crisp and dry).

My querie is the next process Largering, would you sudgest adding gelitine prior to racking? I am intending on largering in a Keg with 12gms of Sarz Hops for 5 weeks..

If it were me, yes.

Finings (gelatine) is the simplest way to clear up a beer and make it brighter. No filtering required. Chill the fermenter down overnight then add the gelatine and leave for 48hrs then rack to keg.

If it were me, yes.

Finings (gelatine) is the simplest way to clear up a beer and make it brighter. No filtering required. Chill the fermenter down overnight then add the gelatine and leave for 48hrs then rack to keg.

Brrrr, its cold out there.. Dont have to tell me twice, finings have been added in 48Hrs will rack onto keg with hops :icon_cheers:

I wouldnt bother all my lagers are as clear as. but I ferment for 2-3 weeks and cc for 4-5 weeks so it all settles

Back