• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

LARGE Hop Rhizomes for Sale - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutch

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, unfortunately I have had to dig up all my Rhizomes, as the in-laws have just sold their farm.
I don't have any other space to plant them, and some are huge!

...So I'm offereing them to you guys in Melbourne for a pittance, as they're simply too bulky to ship anywhere.

These plants are all between 3-5 years old, planted in good irrigated farm-land, and well fed with compost and horse poo each year!

Varieties:

Hallertau
Tettnang
Mt Hood
Pride of Ringwood
Columbus
Chinook

I've divided them into suitable size lots, and I'm offering them for $40 per lot.
Some of these plants contain dozens of Rhizomes, and weight a few kg each.
The bigger plants have a few hundrerd new shoots ready to go, and will give you masses of bines in the first year.
Due to their size, it's not practical to send via the post, and can only sell them for COD to those willing to pick up from Northcote (inner North-east).
Photos below show their size relative to an A4 piece of paper.

Please PM me if interested - first in first served.
Cheers,
Ben.

Chinook, Lot 1
chinook_lot1_sm.jpg

Chinook, Lot 2
chinook_lot2_sm.jpg

Chinook, Lot 3
chinook_lot3_sm.jpg

Chinook, Lot 4
chinook_lot4_sm.jpg

Columbus, Lot 1
columbus_lot1_sm.jpg

Columbus, Lot 2
columbus_lot2_sm.jpg

Pride of Ringwood, Lot 1
por_lot1_sm.jpg

Pride of Ringwood, Lot 2
por_lot2_sm.jpg

Hallertau
hallertau_sm.jpg

Mt Hood
mt_hood_sm.jpg

Tettnang
tett_sm.jpg

Yob said:
Gosh.. The look like they were well happy, did you have to pull them out with a tractor?
Nope, just a big garden fork, and about 4 hours hard work!!!

Bump...
At this stage, the following have been reserved, pending payment/collection:

carniebrew - Columbus, Hallertau
chefsantos - POR
Tiny_Tim - Columbus (and maybe others)

Surprised no-one has asked for Chinook as yet - they're simply huge (and a very dependable fast-grower).

Hi mate,
I'm interested in the Chinook. Can pick up this weekend. Let me know if still available, I'm in Coburg. Cheers

Long time, no hear, Hutch.

Hope everything is going well, but, sorry, don't personally need any monster rhizomes. :)

WarmBeer said:
Long time, no hear, Hutch.

Hope everything is going well, but, sorry, don't personally need any monster rhizomes. :)
Hey Warmbeer, long time indeed - I've been a little quiet around here of late.
Now, sure you couldn't find space to hide one or two monster zomes in the garden?

Cheers,
Hutch.

Phil Mud said:
So, these things need shitloads of space to grow right?
Yeah, a very large pot, or preferably a big space in the garden is ideal (well-drained, and well irrigated during the heat of summer).

I still have the following available:
  • Chinook Lots 1,3 and 4 - each reduced to
  • Pride of Ringwood Lot 1
  • Mt Hood - price reduced to $20 due to it's size
PM me if interested

If you want some if these rhizomes and you're looking for big pots try these:
http://bit.ly/14vEO9y

On eBay, 220 liter barrels you can cut in half. That's what I've done. I got mine for $15 each, so $7.50 per 110 liter pot.

No affiliation at all. I'd get the Mt Hood but I'm all rhizomed up at the moment.

Mardoo said:
If you want some if these rhizomes and you're looking for big pots try these:
http://bit.ly/14vEO9y

On eBay, 220 liter barrels you can cut in half. That's what I've done. I got mine for $15 each, so $7.50 per 110 liter pot.

No affiliation at all. I'd get the Mt Hood but I'm all rhizomed up at the moment.
Thanks for the tips Mardoo - a few buyers have been asking about growing in pots, and my advice is to go as big as you possibly can - so this is a great option.

Mall said:
Got an update on what is available?
Thanks everyone who've come to collect their rhizomes so far. Most are allocated or sold, a few still available...

Chinook:
Lot 1 - available ($40)
Lot 2 - sold to northbrew
Lots 3&4 - currently reserved for nu_brew and lach (pending confirmation)

Columbus
Lot 1 - currently reserved for Tiny_Tim
Lot 2 - sold to carniebrew

PoR
Lot 1 - currently reserved for Phil Mud (pending confirmation)
Lot 2 - sold to chefsantos

Mt Hood - available ($20)

Tettnang - sold to pkk
Hallertau - sold to carniebrew

Even though the cold weather is buying a bit of time, I don't want to keep them out of the ground for too much longer, so I'm hoping they'll be sold by the end of the week.

Hey Hutch, just sent you a text - as per your suggestion, I might switch to chinook if its still available. Otherwise PoR is great.

Ta

Phil Mud said:
Hey Hutch, just sent you a text - as per your suggestion, I might switch to chinook if its still available. Otherwise PoR is great.

Ta
Hey Phil. That's not a problem - All Chinook now allocated.

Still have Pride or Ringwood Lot 1, and Mt Hood available.

OK, I still have a big Pride or Ringwood (Lot 1), which I'll do for $30.
Also still waiting to hear from nu_brew on the Chinook Lot 1.

Any takers on the PoR?
por_lot1_sm.jpg

Back