Langkawi Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfeighan

Reaction score
Hi fellas,
Heading to langkawi next week for 10 or so days. I was wondering if there are any bars/breweries etc worth a mention that i should keep an eye out for.

I did not see any Breweries or decent bars when I was there. I think the main places for drinking would be the bigger hotels and the beach resorts.

BTW the whole Island is duty free so cans of beer from the 711 are as cheap as Coke. There are some decent Duty Free Shops around the Island and in Kuah if you have a taste for Single Malt Scotch some even stock Hoegaarden. I used to drink Carlsberg Special Brew and ABC stout when I was there. Great place for a cheap holiday The expat boaties from Thailand come down to stock up the boat with cases of beer.

Danish Royal Stout by Carlsberg. About the best darn thing I've ever drunk in Malaysia. Lovely Foreign Extra stout I think it was.
Had one bottle and it darn near sent me to the bottom of the Shangri-La pool in Penang after trying it - it was that strong (had no idea it was 8%ABV - that'll learn me for not checking the label before I start quaffing it like it's cordial :lol: ).

Look out for it a supermarkets/stores, that's where I picked up mine. Great stuff.

Hopper.

Back