Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbell

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way to afix labels to their bottles? I have considered printing onto sticker paper but it is so expensive. Any ideas?

More than one or two bottles in the recent (Melb) case-swap have very professional looking labels, at lest some of them appear to be colour printed on paper and then stuck to the bottle with glue.

Printed mine onto paper then glue them on with good ol' glustik. Comes off really easily later on with no residue. Just gotta keep the labels away from moisture to stop the picture from running.

i got mine made by warb on here.
cost me 60 bucks for around 90 odd in colour

Ordinary paper will do the trick with a yoo hoo glue stick or the like. If you want to get tricky and make them waterproof, get some clear contact from the newsagents and cover the labels with it before you cut them out.

cheers

Browndog

I found that using a laser pprinter rather than an inkjet stopped them running so much with moisture.
Lukily I have one at work.

Using a laser printer rather than inkjet will help stop the colour from running if it gets damp.

On my new keg fridge I just used a bit of milk on the back of the paper to stick it to the fridge door, and it peels off easily. I've heard of others doing similar things for bottle labels; I'm not sure how long it would last in storage or in the fridge.

For my above-the-tap labels I just printed some designs from http://www.beerlabelizer.com/.

Laser printer and milk....Works great, doesn't run, peels off easy, no residue, and costs bugger all!

I checked out some waterproof labels in Office works.
They are used for industrial stuff . Tanks and stuff.
You get a program with them that you can setup to print labels onto it.

Or just work out your own template ( on el cheapo paper first).

Only problem was it was super expensive.

Better of getting them made proffesionally.

+1 for b&w laser printer and milk. comes off easy :)

bonus - use work laser printer

+2 for work printer and milk. I just use a paint brush on the label.

They stay on really well imo.

+3 for milk work's a treat , would'nt of thought so if I hadn't used it myself
Cheers Phil
:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back