Labels For Your Home Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suds_Moustache

Reaction score
Looking at the forum I see many people with what looks to be their own brewery logos etc.

I was wondering...do any of you go to the trouble of actually making labels for your bottles?
I presume it would be easy enough to knock something up in Adobe Photoshop or a similar program on the computer, but what sort of paper/glue etc do you use to put them on the bottles?

I thought it would be kinda cool to design my own labels but with washing the bottles etc frequently I don't want to spend a fortune on stickers that will wash off easily.

Any ideas?

Anywhere that sells blank stick on labels that would be suitable?

Looking at the forum I see many people with what looks to be their own brewery logos etc.

I was wondering...do any of you go to the trouble of actually making labels for your bottles?
I presume it would be easy enough to knock something up in Adobe Photoshop or a similar program on the computer, but what sort of paper/glue etc do you use to put them on the bottles?

I thought it would be kinda cool to design my own labels but with washing the bottles etc frequently I don't want to spend a fortune on stickers that will wash off easily.

Any ideas?

Anywhere that sells blank stick on labels that would be suitable?

suds - heres a couple of ideas:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...0&hl=labels

Cheers
Steve

I'm lucky enough to have a colour laser printer, so design new labels for every batch.

I haven't gone so far as making a brewery or house label to update for each batch.

I just get the sticky address labels from the $2 shop. They are, well, address labels. I use GIMP (Photoshop equivalent) for the graphics and Inkscape for the text and final layup. If you want bigger labels, you can get the full sheet uncut ones and then just use an art knife to cut to size / shape.

For me, it's just about a bit of fun and batch identification. I don't bother removing the labels as they're so small (22 x 55 mm ish), just stick the next one on top. Because they're lasered, they don't run when they get wet as inkjet probably would.

HTH.

Cheers - Fermented.

I work in a printery and have a degree in graphic design and I have never printed a single label for a beer.

labels are only for special occasions. Xmas, bbqs etc. Otherwise they go by batch # scribbled on the cap,

For quick and easy labels, make them up using a colour inkjet printer on 80gsm paper and stick them to your clean bottles using milk.

Paint the milk lightly onto the back of the label and position it. It will stick in about 10 seconds and will come off easily with no residue left behind when you wash your bottles. If you change your beers at each batch anyhow you wont need longer lasting labels and this is an effective and easy method.

Crundle

Milk !?!

Wow, I would have thought that something like a reeeealy weak mix of aquadhere or something... milk?

I've just got some little round avery labels. I print a mini beer label on them and stick them on the cap (they fit perfectly). No need to remove the label after drinking then, you just chuck the cap away.

I reckon if I were to give some beer away as a gift or at a swap I'd do up a full size label.

74123784no5.jpg

beerelzebubrr4.jpg

roughmorningredhs9.jpg

seamonstermg1.jpg

shazamlagerqd9.jpg

A few of the labels I whipped up tonight...probably never use most of em but a bit of fun nonetheless.
Also gave myself a crash course in Publisher, so it was educational as well.

I may try the milk method. I am doing some bottling soon and intend to give away a lot to some people as bribes and/or gifts. The idea is to educate my non beery friends and put a bit about the style of beer inside and the hops used etc. Is this a bit wanky? Has anybody done anything like this before with labels for non beer heads?

Back