Labelling Your Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Guys what you to keep track of what's in each keg?

Cheers
Paul

Dymo labeller... Stick to the keg, and remove on change :)

Thank you work supplies :)

EDIT: Although one idea I am playing with (I use to label my beer taps) is those printable magnetic sheets... print a nice label, stick to keg... presto :)

Masking tape and a pen. No-one is going to see it and the masking tape sticks if you put it on pre-condensation.

the handful of magnets I got from Hogs Breath Cafe. The logo comes off easy enough and you can use whietboard markers (does smudge) or permanent markers.

i use shipping tags...

shipping_tag.JPG

I have access to a laser engraver and have made a heap of little lables with a hole in them. These are then attached with a rubber band.

ales on the right tap, lagers on the left ;) (only a two keg fridge :()

I have magnets on my keg fridge to tell me what is on tap, and I normally only have the one beer waiting in a kep for a tap so it's not that hard to remember.

Currently i have some brewer tags i got with a kit (approx 100 of them) they are lick and stick like a stamp.

i wrap them around the lid handle theres a sapce for:
ABV
NAME
DATE

when these run out i will go for a doubled over bit of masking tape and the old'e sharpie.

Reusable wine tags fixed with zip ties on the kegs and magnetic labels over the taps.

Hope I can remember whats in each keg :p

Gets a little tricky with 7 full kegs in the chesty...

I use card labels like the shipping tags, but I cut them out smaller, so I can see them easily from the top of the kegerator, but after reading some of the other ideas, I reckon a small laminated card with the beer name printed but space to write other details like brew date etc would be good for a kegerator setup as there is little shifting around of kegs until they empty.

jeez guys, u all need to harden up...

taste test from each tap is the easiest way. sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 just to make sure i know which it is

medical style wrist tags around the handle with slip in card board strips

Claimed these from work and they do the job

The subject of this thread has been done before but I will give you my method again ---
For the bling I have these & they are great. GMK did these a long time ago with the old Forum logo. A bit of whiteboard or white plastic magnetised to the outside of your fridge will do the same thing.
Keg_Tags_2.JPG
For the kegs i just cut up plactic rectangles & print with a whiteboard pen.
Keg_Tags.JPG

TP :beer:

Each of my kegs have a label (e.g 18A = 18ltr keg A, 9A = 9ltr keg A). The reason for this is because I have an excel spread sheet showing which kegs have had seals replaced, which ones and when.

I then also use shipping tags like randyrob to show what is on the inside and when it was made, stored etc.

Cheers, Pok

Guys what you to keep track of what's in each keg?

G'day Paul,

I just labelled them 1 to 8 with a permanent marker in four spots around the top of each so that I didn't need to turn them to see the number :rolleyes: .
Keep a list on my fridge with what is in each one and when it was kegged.

Hope the brewing is going well mate.

Cheers
Petr

Permanent marker on keg. Wipes off with a drop of thinners on a paper towel/rag.

Marked with:
Batch #
Style
Date
ABV (if unusually light or strong)

Back